Monday, June 30, 2014

June Favorites

Hey ya'll!!

Wow, I can't believe how fast this year is going by and that it's already halfway over. June was a great month for me. This month I really made it a point to try and use up products that I already had in my collection, and rediscover old favorites.
I love monthly favorites videos and blog posts. I like to see what products people are loving. It's a good time to see swatches, and sometimes get a mini review of each product. This month I have beauty products, hair care, one skin care, and a book favorite. Let's get started!

Beauty Favorites
Becca Blush in Damselfly
I am obsessed with this color and have been wearing it all month long. It's the perfect light coral shade and it's so smooth and buttery. I'm quickly becoming a huge Becca fan. All of their products are amazing and of such great quality. I highly recommend you checking out Becca the next time you're at Sephora. You will not be disappointed.

Urban Decay Lipstick in Naked, Gloss in Walk of Shame
I am really loving this lip combo from Urban Decay. The Lipstick in Naked is the perfect "my lips but better" color for me. I can easily wear it with any makeup look. It's so perfect on me that it compliments any, and every, look I come up with. The Gloss in Walk of Shame is such a great compliment to the lipstick. It's so creamy and hydrating, and they look great paired together.

Loreal Voluminous Extra Collagen Mascara & Covergirl Clump Crusher
This has been my favorite lash combo lately, and I've been wearing it all month long. First I apply two coats of the Loreal Voluminous mascara. The wand is thick and the bristles are soft (my favorite kind of mascara brush). It literally plumps my lashes and makes them look amazing. After those two coats, I go over my lashes with one coat of the Covergirl Clump Crusher. The brush is plastic with small, stiff bristles that do a really great job of combing through each lash. It separates and lengthens each lash, leaving zero clumps behind.

I have been using my Lorac Pro Palette a ton this month. My favorite shadow combo has been the colors Cream, Mauve, Taupe, and Sable. You can tell I've really been loving Sable because I've hit pan on it. I start by using Taupe as my transition shade. I apply it all in the crease area. I blend it above and below the crease. I then apply Mauve all over the lid, stopping right below the crease. I take Sable and apply it to the outer corner, and blend it onto the outer part of my lid and the outer part of my crease. Before I finish, I take a clean blending brush and use it to blend everything to eliminate any harsh lines. I use Cream last, applying it to my brow bone and the inner corner of my eye. To line my bottom lashes, I combine Taupe and Sable.


Hair Care Favorites
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle
I swear by this deep conditioner, and I've tried a lot of them, both high-end and drugstore. I especially love it in the summer because of all the chlorine and salt water that my hair gets soaked in. I don't have curly, or coarse hair, but I know for a fact that it works on those hair types as well. My daughter Lexi has a friend who has really thick, long curly hair. She came with us on vacation and I used it on her. Her hair brushed out in one try after a long day at the beach. Love, love, love it!

Biosilk
My mom had me using this stuff ages ago, and I still love it. I hadn't used it in a while because I had another oil I was using. When that was running low I decided to grab this beauty, and my oh my have I missed it! It smells so good and my hair loves it. I don't use a lot of product in my hair, mainly leave-in conditioners and an oil, or serum. This serum is really thick, so you only need the tiniest amount. I use about a pea-sized amount on wet, or damp hair, and work it through my ends up to about the middle of my hair. I got mine at TJ Maxx, it's half the price there than at any other retailers.

Skin Care Favorite
Victoria's Secret Sunny Brights Lotion in Sun Blissed
I have been using this lotion like crazy. Sadly, it was a limited edition scent from last summer. For one reason or another I didn't end up using it until recently. The scent is perfect for summer and it's really moisturizing. My favorite thing about it is that the scent is not overpowering, and it doesn't linger. I can apply it all over my body, apply a perfume, and not have to worry about mixing scents.

Book Favorite
I finally got a chance to really dive into the final book in The Mortal Instruments series while away on vacation and OMG I love it! First off, I will read anything Cassandra Clare writes. The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices are two of my favorite book series (P.S. - She's coming out with a brand new series this September called The Magisterium Series). I have really been enjoying City of Heavenly Fire and can't wait to see how it all ends.

I hope ya'll enjoyed my June Favorites! What are some of the products and things you've been loving this month?


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment