Tuesday, June 3, 2014

May Beauty Favorites



Hey ya'll!

If you aren't familiar with Beauty Favorites, it's a list of all the products I've been loving for the month of May. There are links to all the products mentioned down below if you are interested in checking them out further. I hope you enjoy!




Freeman Facial Polishing Mask
This is one of the best facial masks I have tried. Even better, you can get it at Ulta for only $3.99! It's a Charcoal and Black Sugar exfoliating mask. The Charcoal helps to absorb oil and impurities without over drying, and the Black Sugar is the exfoliant. It makes my skin feel a tad warm and tingly, and leaves it so soft, smooth, and glowing. The directions say to apply it, let it sit for 5-7 minutes, massage it into the skin for 1-2 minutes, then rinse. I find that it's easier, and I get better results, if I massage first and then let it sit for 10-15 minutes.




Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream
I am obsessed with this stuff. It smells so good and leaves my skin glowing and hydrated, with a tint of color (I got the Medium to Dark shade). I was on the fence about trying this product because I'm not a fan of the Jergens Natural Glow products. I was worried it would have that self tanner smell and would be sticky, but it is completely different. This has been my go-to body moisturizer for the last couple of weeks. I am almost out and will definitely be repurchasing this.





Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette
As I am sure most of you have heard by now, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette is amazing. The shadows are creamy, smooth, and very pigmented. It also smells just like chocolate. I wear this all the time and can create so many different looks with this. I love neutral eyeshadows, and when I saw this palette I knew I would absolutely adore it.





Nars Blush in Amour
This color is gorgeous and perfect for summer! This blush is very pigmented so you only need to a light hand for a nice pop of color. It's blendable and buildable, so you can adjust the amount of color to your liking. Every Nars blush I have tried has been of such great quality and wears really nicely. I highly recommend this color.





This is a cult favorite, so I'm sure you already know the deal with this. It's buttery, smooth, blendable, and just looks great on every skin tone. I've never had a problem with this looking muddy or streaky on me. This has been my go-to bronzer all month long and you can already see how much I love it because I've hit major pan.




This is the best lip balm, hands down. I have tried EOS, Chapstick, Burts Bees, etc. and none of them compare to this bad boy. I leave it out on my bathroom counter so that I can pop it on any time I walk by. It smells good and is very hydrating, leaving my lips soft and moisturized.




Ya'll, this under-eye concealer is amazeballs. I have a really hard time finding concealers that don't crease on me. This one does not settle into my fine lines, and does not crease at all. I set it with a powder and it wears beautifully all day. I have two colors so that I have one for when I'm tan and one for when I'm not. The colors I have are "Fair" and "Lite/Pale". What makes it even better, is that it is a drug store product!



These last two are my favorite lip duos!




Chanel Rouge Coco Shine #57 Aventure and Buxom Lip Gloss in Celeste
I absolutely love these two together and have been wearing them a ton! I'm wearing them in my May Favorites picture at the top. I mentioned both of these in my Sephora haul, so I won't go into too much detail here. I love the way they look together. Combined they create a very nice, everyday, glossy lip with a shimmer. I already know this is going to be a go-to lip combo for me all summer long.





Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs Lipstick in Stormy Sahara and It Cosmetics Vitality Butter Gloss in Perfect Nude
Nude lips are a tough one for me. It is very hard to find a nude that looks good on me and my skin tone. Most of the time nudes either wash me out, or make me look dead. These two combined give me the perfect nude shade. It looks great when I'm tan, and works when I'm not. Both of these products look good by themselves, but once they come together it's magic! I know this lip duo is going to be a definite go-to lip duo for me all summer long.



I hope ya'll enjoyed my May Beauty favorites. Let me know in the comments below what products you are currently loving, and don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Instagram @caferg_xoxo. Thanks for reading!

xoxo,
Casey



Just wanted to let ya'll know, the background used in the photos on this post are from the amazing book Living in Style by Rachel Zoe. I love Rachel Zoe, and her books do not disappoint! Click the link to purchase your own copy. I have it on a book stand on my bedside table because the cover is just too pretty to sit on a shelf collecting dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment