Friday, July 18, 2014

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette: Three Different Looks

Hey ya'll!!

Today I wanted to show you three different looks using the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I absolutely love this palette because it's so universal, and the amount of looks you can create from it are endless. The shadows are really smooth, the blend nicely, and are very pigmented. Oh yeah, and in case you didn't know, the entire palette smells like a giant candy bar.
I'm just concentrating on the eyeshadow combo's today. To get the best color payoff, and wear time, be sure to apply an eyeshadow primer before applying your eyeshadow. The primer helps to lock your shadow in place and gives you the most bang for your buck when it comes to pigmentation. If you want to know specifics about liner, mascara, or brows then please leave a comment below and I will get back to you!
Look #1
The first look I have for you is perfect for summer, and really easy to achieve. I find myself wearing this eyeshadow combination a lot, especially when I'm tan. This golden/bronzed/shimmery look is perfect for daytime, and will look great on everyone. I started by applying White Chocolate as an all over base. For the lid color I used Creme Brulee and applied it first in a patting motion, then blended it using a sweeping motion. I then took Milk Chocolate and applied it all over the crease as my transition shade. After applying Milk Chocolate, I took the color Semi Sweet and applied it in the same area, but concentrated the color just in the crease and not go too far towards the brown bone. The last shade I used was Hazelnut. I applied it to the outer corners of the lid and the crease, then blended it in with Semi Sweet. For the bottom lash line, I combined Milk Chocolate and Semi Sweet and lined the entire line. I then took a small amount of Hazelnut and only applied it on the outer half of the lash line. I did not do a brown bone highlight with this look. I find that when I use shimmery shadows on my lid and crease, I tend to leave the brow bone matte.

Shades Used
All Over Base: White Chocolate
Lid: Creme Brulee
Transition Shade: Milk Chocolate
Crease: Semi Sweet
Outer Lid & Crease: Hazelnut
Lower Lash Line: Milk Chocolate & Semi Sweet Mixed, Hazelnut on the outer corner
Look #2:
I was very pleased with how this turned out. Normally I like to use brown and bronze shades, but I decide to go for something a little different by opting for berry and wine tones to achieve this look. I started by first applying White Chocolate as an all over base. I then took my transition color, Milk Chocolate, and applied it all throughout the crease. For the lid, I used the shade Marzipan. Marzipan is a really pretty champagne color and it's one of my favorite lid shades. After applying that, I took the color Amaretto and placed it right into the crease. Make sure to not take this color too high, you want it to fade into that transition shade. To darken the whole look, I applied the shade Cherry Cordial on the outer corner of the lid and in the outer crease. I then dusted my brush in Milk Chocolate, and blended out Cherry Cordial so that all the colors would blend nicely together. I highlighted my inner corners and my brow bone with the shade Champagne Truffle. I didn't want to do a dark liner on my lower lash line, but I didn't want to leave it bare either. I decided to line with Milk Chocolate to add just a hint of color. This is a nice, satin makeup look that will look great on a night out.

Shades Used
All Over Base: White Chocolate
Lid: Marzipan
Transition Shade: Milk Chocolate
Crease: Amaretto
Outer Lid & Crease: Cherry Cordial
Inner Corner & Brow Bone: Champagne Truffle
Lower Lash Line: Milk Chocolate
Look #3
This is one of my favorite smokey eyes to wear for both day and night. I love deep, dark, warm brown shades. Like the other two looks, I started out with White Chocolate as my all over base. I like applying an all over base color before any other shadows because it really helps me to blend the other colors much easier. For the transition shade, I used Milk Chocolate. Again, this is another color that I use in every look I do. It's the perfect light brown color, and looks good with every eye look. I applied Hazelnut all over the lid, making sure to not get the color into the crease. Next, I applied the color Semi Sweet directly into the crease. I blended this out quite a bit, going slightly above and below the crease. To smoke this look out, I used the darkest shade in the palette, Triple Fudge. Triple Fudge is a really rich, dark matte brown. I started out by lightly dusting my brush into the color, and placed it right on the outer corner of my lid and the outer part of my crease. I did this about three times before it was the color I wanted. Since this shade is so dark, it's best to apply small amounts at a time. If you start with too heavy of a hand, its going to be really hard to blend out. For my lower lash line I first applied Milk Chocolate. On the outer half I lined with Triple Fudge, and on the inner half with Hazelnut. For my inner corner highlight, and my brow bone, I used the color Champagne Truffle.

Shades Used
All Over Base: White Chocolate
Lid: Hazelnut
Transition Shade: Milk Chocolate
Crease: Semi Sweet
Outer Lid & Crease: Triple Fudge
Inner Corner & Brow Bone: Champagne Truffle
Lower Lash Line: Milk Chocolate, Hazelnut, & Triple Fudge

I hope you liked all these three looks I created using the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. Let me know what your favorite shades are in the comments below!


xoxo,
Casey

4 comments:

  1. I adore this palette, love the pairings you came up with! xx

    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! This is one of my favorite palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the looks!! For a person with a lot of high-end palettes, is this a must have? And one other thing, Casey--any recommendations for lengthening mascaras?

    nothingbutnavy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! Yes, this is definitely a must have! Normally, I go for a volumizing mascara vs. lengthening. But, I've had good lengthening results from Benefit's They're Real and Maybelline's Falsies :)

    ReplyDelete