Tuesday, June 10, 2014

First Impressions: St. Tropez Self-Tan Bronzing Mousse



Hey ya'll!!

I have been going to the tanning salon religiously since I was 16 years old. Yes, I laid in the tanning bed and fake baked for years. Terrible, I know. I was always too scared to spray tan because I thought I would be orange instead of brown. After many horror stories, and not wanting to age prematurely, I changed my tanning membership from the beds and started getting spray tans instead. Oh my gosh did my opinions of spray tanning change. I fell in LOVE! It was such a fine mist, I didn't have to rub anything in, and I was left with a really deep bronze color.

Although I love getting professional spray tans, I hate actually going. Plus, I never really have a chance to go since my infant son is always with me. I kept seeing Beauty Blogger talking about the different self tanners out there and never got the nerve to try them because it seemed like it wouldn't come out as nice as going to the salon.

While browsing through Sephora the other day I came across the St. Tropez section. I've seen this reviewed many times, and most have really liked it. I decided that enough was enough, and I just needed to go ahead and try one of these at home tanners because it just seems so dang convenient. I purchased the regular Bronzing Mousse and a mitt.

Before applying it I showered, exfoliated, and shaved. I moisturized my hands, elbows, knees, ankles, and feet. I also looked up a video on how to apply it, just to make sure I was prepared. It was so much easier than I thought it would be! The mousse is very smooth, and spreads really easily. I started on my legs and worked my way up to my stomach, chest, back, arms, and neck. I didn't apply it to my face because I exfoliate regularly so it would just have been a waste.

After applying it, and making sure I didn't miss any spots or have any random streaks, I put on my robe from Victoria's Secret while it dried. It dried fairly quickly. The mousse didn't leave my skin feeling wet or slick. There is a slight stickiness when it dries, but that's to be expected with self-tanner. It also has that self-tan smell, but it's not as strong as my spray tans from the salon. The directions say to leave it on for 4-8 hours before showering. I went ahead and slept in it to see how much it developed overnight.



When I woke up I was pretty please with the result. As you can see in the above picture, the color was natural and even, it wasn't streaky or splotchy. I will admit that I wish it was darker. I am going to keep playing with it and see if by applying it two days in a row if it will build up the color any. After this bottle I will probably try the darker version.

If you are looking to try a self tanner, or are just wanting a nice glow, I would definitely recommend the St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse. If you are looking for a deep, dark tan I don't think you would be happy with this product simply because it doesn't process super dark.

Let me know in the comments what self-tanners you are loving at the moment! Don't forget to also follow me on Instagram and Twitter @caferg_xoxo :)


xoxo,
Casey

Bikini: Victoria's Secret

No comments:

Post a Comment