Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Too Faced Bronzers


Hey ya'll!

I love bronzer. It adds color and dimension to the face, making it look healthy and awake. Bronzer can be used to sculpt the face, creating shadows and angles to define your face to your liking. It's an absolute must in my makeup routine, I just can't live without it.

Today I'm sharing with you my Too Faced Bronzers. I have three in total. They are all very different from each other and can all be used in different ways.


Pink Leopard
Pink Leopard is a "blushing bronzer". It has three shades in one - a bronzing shade, a blush shade, and a highlight shade. I used this quite a bit when I first got it, as you can see I've hit pan. When I started adding more bronzers to my collection this one kind of got put on the back burner. After pulling it out for this post, I remember how much I did like it at one point. This product is definitely not a contouring bronzer. I like to use it as a blush, or on top of a blush as a highlight, when I'm tan. When my skin is more fair, it works nicely at bronzing up my face. It's not my go-to bronzer, but I'm going to try and use it more this month to see if I can find my love for it again.

Chocolate Soleil
Chocolate Soleil is a very popular bronzer, and for good reason. It's beautiful! And the smell, YUM! It smells just like chocolate and is actually made with real cocoa powder. This is one of my favorite bronzers for contouring. It's a warm chocolate brown shade, is not orange at all, and is completely matte. Not only do I use this for contouring, but it's really pretty for just bronzing up the face. Matte bronzers are the safest route for anyone of any age. But just like anything, less is more. You don't want to start contouring, or bronzing, with a heavy hand. Start with a small amount, and build the color up from there - don't forget to blend. You will get a much better result this way.

Sun Bunny
Sun Bunny is a "natural bronzer". It has two different shades and does have a slight shimmer to it. Some people shy away from shimmery bronzers, but if applied correctly they can be really pretty. This one is no exception, it's beautiful! I do not use this as a contour, I only use it as a bronzer to add color to my face. You don't want to use a shimmery bronzer as a contour. Matte bronzers are the best option for contouring because they create a shadow, making certain areas of your face appear smaller. Shimmery bronzers add color to your face by giving you a "sun-kissed glow". The shimmer will actually attract light, and if used as a contour will make certain areas appear larger than they really are. This is a really great product for bronzing up the face. You can use each shade separately, or you can swirl them both together which is what I like to do.

I hope ya'll enjoyed getting an overview of the different Too Faced Bronzers in my collection. Let me know if you have any of these, and what your thoughts are on them!


xoxo,
Casey

2 comments: