Monday, June 16, 2014

Vacation Series: What I Pack - Makeup, Skin Care, & Hair Care Products


Hey ya'll!!

Welcome to my Vacation Series! Stay tuned all week for Vacation & Summer Travel related posts.

Today I'm going to show you what makeup, skin care, and hair care items I pack when I go on vacation. We are leaving on vacation soon to Port St. Joe, Florida and will be staying in a beach house right on the beach. I cannot wait to soak up the sun and get my tan on!

I am definitely an over packer! I don't even attempt to pack light, because it just gives me anxiety thinking about the possibility of 1. Running out of something, 2. Wishing I had packed something but didn't, and 3. I just like to be prepared for anything and everything.

We will start with make-up. For the most part I won't be wearing much, seeing as how it's a beach trip and all, but there will be times that we will go into town to eat, drink, and shop so I'm gonna need to put my face on occasionally. My tips for packing your makeup is the "Pack While Applying" method. This way, as you apply each product, you put it in your travel bag and you don't forget anything.

From Left to Right: Benefit Fake-Up Concealer, Loreal True Match Foundation, Make Up For Ever HD Primer, Benefit Benetint

From Left to Right: Benefit Hello Flawless Powder, Buxom Blush in True Hue, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, Bobbi Brown ShimmerBrick in Apricot

Lorac Pro Palette, Benefit Bro-Zing in Medium, Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Brunette, Loreal Voluminous Extra Collagen Mascara, Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in Matte Black, Sally Hensen Eye Lash Curler
  
 Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

Makeup Brushes from Left to RightReal Techniques Powder Brush, Real Techniques Blush Brush, Sephora Collection Classic Contour Powder Brush, Sonia Kashuk Dense Blush/Powder Brush, Sonia Kashuk Large Angled Contour Brush. Smaller Brushes: Sephora Collection Crease Brush, Sephora Collection All Over Shadow Brush, Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush, Sephora Collection Flat Liner Brush, Sonia Kashuk Spoolie Brush


Normally when I'm going to the beach I don't wear any makeup at all. But if I do, the products I will use (plus sunscreen and lip balm of course) are Olay Total Effects 7 CC Cream, Olay Total Effects 7 Eye Cream, Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel, and Benefit Benetint. Olay is my favorite skin care line from the drug store. What I like about these two products is that they have just a hint of color and are very hydrating. The next two things are just to add a little color and life to my face. I really like to set my eye brows with the Anastasia Brow Gel because it makes them look put together in a pinch. Lastly, the Benetint stain is my favorite stain. It dries fast, doesn't leave my cheeks feeling sticky, and lasts a long time.

I pack my makeup in an accordian-like bag because it offers lots of storage, and folds together making easier to pack. I found this one last year at TJ Maxx.


I'm absolutely addicted to lip products and always bring a ton of different colors because I never know which ones I want to wear. I don't pack my lipsticks and glosses with the rest of my makeup. I always carry them in my purse for easy access.

From Left to Right: Dior Addict Lip Glow, Maybelline Color Sensational in Stormy Sahara, Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in #57 Aventure, Urban Decay in Naked, YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in #15


From Left to RightUrban Decay Naked Gloss in Walk of Shame, Nars Lip Gloss in Coeur Sucre, Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight, Buxom Lip Gloss in Celeste, Whitening Lightning Glosses in Rose Hill, Coral Craze, and Nude

Now onto skin care. These are the products I use on a daily basis and cannot live without. I normally don't bring a face mask with me, but I figured Lexi might want to do one for fun with her friend Peyton one night while we are there. The cleanser's and makeup remover's I am bringing are my Neutrogena Hydrating Makeup Remover Wipes, Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil, Purity Face Wash (I'm almost out so I need to pick some more up before I go!), and my Clarisonic Mia 2. My day-time moisturizer's are my Olay Complete Daily Moisturizer, Olay Total Effects 7 CC Cream, and Olay Total Effects 7 Eye Cream. My night-time moisturizer's are Origins Night-A-Min's Moisturizer, Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Eye Cream, and Josie Maran Light Argan Oil. All of these fit in a medium sized travel bag that I got from Target.



Last, but not least, is hair care. I am going to pack a blow dryer and a straightener, but won't use them unless we are going into town for the day. For the most part I will just scrunch my hair and let it air dry. For that I like to use Aussie Sprunch Mousse. It's a flexible hold mousse so it doesn't leave my hair feeling crunchy. Every time I finish washing my hair I have to put Biosilk and It's a 10 on. They seriously make my hair so soft and shiny, I can't live without them. I'm also bringing Batiste Dry Shampoo, and Garnier Sleek & Shine Hair Spray.


I hope you liked getting a peak into what I pack. I know it's a lot, and I probably won't use half of this stuff, but it makes me feel better knowing I have everything I could possibly need because you never know what you might get yourself into while away on vacay!


xoxo,
Casey

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love your tips on what to pack. I just started a vacation series on my blog too haha! Im definety gonna go pick up the CC cream you recommended for my days on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Awesome, I will check it out! Let me know how you like the CC cream :)

    ReplyDelete