Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Mommy Miniute: My Baby's Daily Routine


Hey ya'll!!

Today I wanted to share with you Kason's daily routine. The things we do, and the times we do it,  vary from day to day, but for the most part this is how his daily routine usually goes. I'm not a huge stickler on doing everything at the same time every single day, or setting strict time limits for naps and play time because I want him to be flexible.

Before I get him up I make his bottle and get his medicine ready. He has acid reflux so he takes Zantac three times a day. His day starts between 8:00-8:30AM. First thing I do is sing our "Good Morning" song while he shakes the sleepiness out of his eyes, and gets in a few smiles and giggles. I change his diaper and leave his PJ's on. He gets distracted easily when eating, so to get him to eat in a reasonable amount of time I lay him on his Boppy and prop his bottle until he's done.


After his first feed he sits in his chair and watches cartoons for about 30 minutes. His favorites are all on Disney Jr: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake & The Neverland Pirates, and Doc McStuffin's, just to name a few. He gets bored really easily, so we rotate "stations" every half hour. After a little couch time he plays in his bouncer. Ours is The Little Einstein's bouncer I found at Target. He loves it! It's really helped him gain balance and control. After spending time in his bouncer we have play time on the floor. I lay down a blanket and he does Tummy Time and practices rolling over and sitting up. This is really good one on one time for us as well. He gets lots of kisses and tickles, and I get lots of good giggles and baby sugar from him. At about 10:00AM he gets tired and takes a morning nap for about an hour.


At 11:00 he gets up from his morning nap. This is normally when I change him out of his PJ's and it's time for his second feeding. He has a 6oz bottle every 3 hours, and has solids twice a day, the first being oatmeal and the second is a fruit or veggie. We started with Rice Cereal at 4 months. He never got constipated, but it gave him bad gas so we had to switch to Oatmeal. Ever since we made the switch he's done just fine. His first solid is usually given on the second feed of the day. I mix 2oz of water, with 1 scoop of his formula, and spoon in his oatmeal until it's the consistency of jarred baby food. After he's finished his oatmeal he has his bottle and we start our "station" rotations again. If I need to run any errands I usually do it around this time of day.


Between 2:00-3:00PM he has his third feeding, and his second round of medicine. Afterwards he is ready for his longest nap of the day which is normally 3 hours. When he wakes it's time for his fourth feeding and second solid of the day. I rotate between veggies and fruits every two days, so for two days he gets the same veggie and the next two days the same fruit. He hasn't really shown any signs of favoritism between the fruits and veggies which I think is great. The only flavors that haven't worked for him so far are Squash and Banana's. Both gave his bad tummy aches and lots of gas. After his solid he has his fourth bottle and then watches cartoons or plays in his bouncer while I get dinner ready. It's really important to me that our family has dinner together, so every night we all sit at the table together and eat, even if my husband is out of town for work. Kason joins us too! We have a tall dining room table so instead of a regular high chair I purchased just the seat. It straps onto our kitchen chairs so he sits at the same height as us.


After dinner it's bath time. He only has a bath every other night. He has really sensitive skin so if I bathe him every night, he gets really dry and breaks out. If it's not a bath night, he just hangs out with my husband and I until it's time for his fifth, and final, feeding of the day. Bed time is between 8:00-8:30PM. Me, my husband, and our daughter Lexi normally tuck him in together. He sleeps with stuffed animals, they are like his security blanket. He LOVES them and can't sleep without them! He hugs and suckles them until he falls asleep. It's the cutest, sweetest thing ever. He's a really good sleeper, and has been since he was two months old. He will wake up around 6:30AM but 95% of the time he never cries. He just plays with his toys for a little bit, falls back asleep until 8:00-8:30, and our daily routine starts all over again.


I hope you enjoyed today's post. Let me know in the comments below if you like to keep your baby on a schedule and what works for you!


xoxo,
Casey


No comments:

Post a Comment