Monday, June 2, 2014

Sephora Haul



Hey ya'll!

Everything in this haul was not purchased all at once, but over the course of about two months. I have had a chance to try them all out so I can give you my thoughts so far on each product. The links to purchase each product are listed below as well. I hope you enjoy!


Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight
Yes, this is the lip gloss made famous by Kim Kardashian. Honestly, I have always stayed away from this color because it was made the "it" color by a celebrity, and I didn't want to go out and buy it just because of that. I was playing around at Sephora the other day and wanted to check out the Nars lip glosses because they recently repackaged them and changed the formula. I was randomly swatching and stopped on this one thinking, "Wow, this is really pretty and I'm totally getting this". When I turned it over to get the name I started laughing because I didn't think I would ever be getting this color. Needless to say, the hype is real and this color really is pretty by itself, or layered on top of a lipstick.







Benefit "Hello Flawless!" Powder in 'Me, Vain?' Champagne
I have repurchased this powder over and over again! It is definitely my holy grail powder. I've tried a couple others, but none have compared to this one. It's soft, buttery, never leaves my skin looking cakey, and it works well setting different liquid foundations. LOVE!




Urban Decay All Night Setting Spray
I'm sure you have all heard about this one. This is literally hairspray for your face, without the sticky feeling of course! I really like to use setting sprays mainly in the spring and summer months because my makeup tends to not last as long. This definitely lives up to the hype and really extends the wear of my makeup throughout the day.




So far, so good on this one. It's pretty dense, so if you want you can really pack on the blush or bronzer. I only have to lightly dab this in my blush and it gives a nice wash of color. I have already washed it a few times and have had no problems with shedding. Final thoughts on this is that it's not the worst, but it's not the best; I like it, but I don't love it.




I knew the first time I saw this, before even swatching it, that it was coming home with me. It has quickly become a favorite of mine. I love a bronzy/peachy blush, and this one is the perfect combination of the two. It is beautiful on its own, and looks great layered on top of other blushes. 




This was one of the very first Benefit products I ever tried when I was about 14 years old. I'm not a fan of red lips, or cheeks, on myself, but this stain leaves such a sheer tint that it works. I wanted this mainly to wear at the pool, and to the beach, when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup. It adds a little life and color to my face without the heaviness of a cream, or the stickiness that other stains and balms can leave behind.





I haven't heard too many people talk about the Buxom blushes, but this one is really pretty. It's described as a shimmering peachy pink and it definitely is. It is very similar to Nars Orgasm, just a tad more pink. The color payoff is great and you can skip a highlighter when wearing this blush. I think it's a great summer color and will look good on all skin tones.




I cannot tell you how happy I was when they brought this little guy back and made it permanent! I didn't get a chance to grab one the first time around, so when I found out it was coming back I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. These powders are so universal. I have used them to set, highlight, and finish off my makeup looks. This palette is definitely worth the investment.






This primer is really nice and hydrating, and it smells amazing! I get excited every time I am about to put it on because it smells so clean and fresh. It feels really nice on the skin, and sinks in without leaving a film or residue. This primer works best on normal to dry skin. If you like a natural, dewy finish, you will like this primer. I can go about 6 hours before needing to touch up, so this isn't the longest wearing primer I've ever tried. If you have oily skin you might want to pass on this one.




In my opinion, Buxom has one of the best lip gloss formulas. They are thick in consistency, long lasting, and the color and shimmer payoff is great. This gloss is described as being a "prismatic soft peach" and it is VERY shimmery. If you do not like shimmer in your lip gloss, you will not like this one. I will admit, I do not like this gloss on its own, but I absolutely love it when it is paired over a lip stick. It is so complimenting when paired with pinky, peach, and coral shades.






Sephora has an entire "Pro" brush collection aimed to give you a soft, airbrushed look. This brush is really nice. It is very soft and blends powder products fabulously. I have tried it using foundation powders, blush, and bronzer. It works well with all three, but I prefer to use this when applying bronzer. It really blends out my bronzer seamlessly, leaving no streaks or marks. The Pro Flawless Light Powder Brush really does what it claims to do. I definitely will be trying more from this line.



These last two products were not purchased from Sephora, but are still high end so I decided to include them in this haul. :)

The Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks definitely live up to the hype and expectation. Apricot is a limited edition shade so if you want, snatch it up before it's gone. The minute I swatched it, I fell in LOVE! This little guy has the most gorgeous, golden/peachy shade, and looks amazing layered over blush or as a highlight shade. I've used it both ways, and also to highlight my brow bone. I think any skin tone can pull this off, but I think it looks best on those with medium to dark skin tones. This is the perfect highlight for summer to go along with your summer tan.




This is definitely going to be my go to summer lip stick. It's sheer, but gives off the perfect amount of color, and glides on like a dream. It looks a lot darker in the tube, but when applied it is the perfect every day shade of pink; not too light, not too dark, and not too bright. It's nice and hydrating, and kind of feels like a balm. The formula reminds me a lot of YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lip sticks. This is a pricy little number, but it was so worth it. I think that if you are going to purchase a luxury lip stick like this, it's best to get it in an "everyday" sort of shade, that way you get the most bang for your buck.





I hope ya'll have enjoyed getting a peak at all the goodies I've picked up over the last two months. Let me know if you pick any of these up, or if you already have them in your collection. I'd love to know what you think about them!



xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment