Wednesday, June 4, 2014

OOTD & How To Be A Fashionable, Yet Fabulous Momma

Hey ya'll!

Today I'm showing you my "Outfit Of The Day" for my daughter Lexi's 5th Grade Class Picnic. I'm also going to talk about how to make time for yourself and still be a Fashionable, yet Fabulous Momma.



Mom's, there is a way to dress appropriately for a school function without being too casual, or too dolled up. Getting dressed, doing your hair, and putting on some makeup may seem like a challenge due to our busy schedules, but it is possible and it just flat out helps make you feel good about yourself.

Everything I am wearing today is linked below:
Kimono: PacSun
Tank Top: Target
Jeans: Abercrombie
Flats: Lucky Brand


So many mom's make excuses on why they can't put themselves together because they just can't seem to find the time. I get it, because I'm a mom myself. I know what it's like to be busy and to feel like you're suffocating thanks to your to-do list that just seems to keep growing by the minute. I am so blessed thanks to my husband Kevin, who is able to solely provide for our family, so that I can be a stay at home mom. Between having a school-aged child, an infant, a rowdy dog, and a house to take care of, finding time for myself can seem dang near impossible. But it isn't! We can all find time, we just have to make time. Whether that means getting up a little earlier, or going to bed a little later, we can all find a little "me" time during the day to pamper ourselves, and to help us look and feel good without taking time away from our kiddos.

If I need to get myself ready, I put Kason, my son, in his chair with a toy or in his bouncer. I turn the TV on Disney Jr. and he is fully entertained! I am able to get dressed, fix my hair, and put some make-up on while he hangs out and watches his shows. Now before anyone freaks out, yes I check on him, and no I don't leave him stranded by himself. My bedroom is right next to my living room so I can hear and see him the whole time. Some mom's are against letting their babies watch TV, and that is 100% okay. We all have different ways of raising our kids, and we all have to do what we think is best for ourselves, and for our families. There's no right, or wrong way. Everyone is entitled to raise their kids however they see fit. Unless it is physically, mentally, or emotionally harming the child, I don't think any of us are in any place to tell someone else what is best for them, or what's best for their kids.


For me, getting dressed for the day, fixing my hair, and putting my face on really helps to get me going, and makes me feel good about myself. No I don't fix my hair or put makeup on every day. Half of the time I'm in gym clothes with my hair in a pony or a knot. But I do try to put some effort into my appearance regularly.

One thing that I absolutely cannot live without, and saves me so much time, is dry shampoo. Every mom needs it! It is a life saver when it comes to getting ready in a pinch. My favorite is Batiste and you can get it at Ulta for $7.99. My hair gets very oily and I used to wash it every day. Once I discovered this little baby, Holy Guacamole! To prove how much I love this, and how amazing it works, I am on 3rd day hair. Yes I said it, 3RD DAY HAIR! Trust me Momma's, go pick this up. You can thank me later.




I hope you all enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments below what you like to do for "me" time, and how you pamper yourself on the daily (like having a big fat glass of wine after the kids go to bed). Don't forget to follow me on Instagram & Twitter for daily pics, tips, and extra little tid-bits!


xoxo,
Casey


*UPDATE*
Here's a picture of my daughter Lexi, my son Kason, and I from her class picnic! :)
My sunnies are Gold Ray-Ban Aviator Flash Lenses in Blue



5 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! I do the same as you, entertain my kids with a little tv while I get ready for the day. Makes you feel better about the day once your dressed and have your hair and makeup done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a step mom to a 7 year old since she was almost for. She is in my life every weekend as well as during the week in most cases. Now I assume lexi is your step daughter? Don't mean that in a rude way I promise but how did y'all get. So close ? Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexi's story is a very special one. She's been with my husband and I full time for three years. Her birth mother isn't part of her life in any way, and unfortunately never really has been. When Lexi first came to live with us it was a big adjustment for all of us. But honestly, time and and whole lot of effort, love, and patience is what got us to where we are today. The first year and a half she called me Casey, and on her own decided to start calling me Mom. I've always made it a point to do as much as I can with her and for her. So we go out to eat, get our nails done, go to the movies, shopping, etc... A whole lot of girl time and one on one time has really helped us! Every family is different, and different things work for different situations. I hope that you both can grow closer and find what works for ya'll! Maybe start by finding something she's interested in and start there. Whether its going to the park, for a walk, watching one of her shows or a movie she likes, or even baking cookies or cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete