Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Buxom Lip Products

Hey ya'll!!

Today I'm going to share with you my Buxom Lip Product collection! I have mostly glosses, but there are some lipsticks too. I will have hand swatches and lip swatches for you as well. Buxom is one of my absolute favorite brand of lip glosses. They are super thick and creamy, and have a minty/tingly/plumping feeling to them. There are over 100 different shades on the Sephora website, so there's definitely a color for everyone.
This first set of glosses are my favorite shades of the bunch. From left to right I have Amber, White Russian, and Celeste. Amber is a very pretty peach shade, White Russian is a creamy pinky-nude shade, and Celeste is a shimmery peach shade. All of these are much loved and are perfect for every day. I use these three shades more than any other lip glosses in my collection. I can pick any of these three, throw them in my purse, and my lips are set for any occasion.
This next set I received separately, all gifts with purchase types of things. They are also my least used. From left to right I have Dolly, Sweet Thing, and Nicole. After pulling these out for today's post, I realized that I really need to start using Dolly more because it's really pretty. It's a shimmery purple/mauve shade that I think will be great for Fall. Sweet Thing is a color that I definitely wouldn't have chosen for myself. It's a hot orangey-pink shade and just doesn't look great on me. Nicole is a shimmery berry color, again one that I wouldn't have chosen for myself. I do like it more than I do Sweet Thing though.
The last two are the Full On Lipsticks in the shades Amsterdam (left) and Havana (right). Amsterdam is literally a "my lips but better" shade. It matches my natural lip color almost perfectly. Havana is a gorgeous wine color. Both have the same tingly feeling as the glosses. They are really easy to apply and have lasting power. Amsterdam is super opaque, creamy, and leans toward the matte side. Havana really makes me sad. The color is gorgeous, but it gets a little patchy, and breaks up on my lips sometimes. It's so weird because it doesn't always do that. I think it has to do with how dry and how moisturized my lips are. Most of the time, lip products work best with hydrated, moisturized lips. But for some reason, Havana works better if my lips are completely dry, no lip balm and no moisture. I definitely have to make sure my lips are exfoliated before I wear it, but I definitely can't have any kind of lip balm or moisture on my lips, or it breaks up and looks like a complete mess.
I hope you enjoyed today's post as much as I did! I enjoy doing these types of posts, because I personally love looking at different products and seeing different swatches. Let me know what your favorite brand of lip glosses is, and if you have any Buxom lip products.


xoxo,
Casey

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Article really happy to say it was an interesting post. Thanks For Sharing.haute her advanced makeup tips

    ReplyDelete