Thursday, June 19, 2014

Vacation Series: What I Pack - Swim Suits & Accessories


Hey ya'll!!

Welcome to Day 4 of my Vacation Series! Today I am going to show you what swim suits and accessories I am bringing on my vacation.

I used to pack one swim suit for each day I would be on vacation. Since I tend to overpack on everything else, I really made an effort to take a chill pill with the swim suits this year. My favorite thing to do is to buy swim suit separates, that way I can mix and match each piece and end up with multiple suit combinations.


I really love my new swim suit cover up! It's really comfortable, and not completely sheer, so I can wear it shopping, or out to lunch, after the beach.


I'm only bringing one purse and it's my Rebecca Minkoff M.A.C. I absolutely adore this bag, which is weird because I normally gravitate towards large totes. I bought this purse when I was pregnant with Kason because I wanted something that was small but could fit my essentials, and that was crossbody but not super casual. I was kind of nervous when I ordered it because I thought it might be too small for me, but it's honestly the perfect size. What I like about this bag is that it can be worn three different ways: crossbody, shoulder, or a clutch. I don't carry it as a clutch, I mostly wear it crossbody because I like my hands to be free. I also really like adjusting the chain and wearing it as a shoulder bag. I love the way the gold chain looks when it's doubled up, and the length the straps become because it hits in a really nice spot for my body.


I always bring a lot of jewelry with me when I travel. Jewelry is small, and can be easily packed, so it doesn't hurt space-wise to bring a lot. Since my uniform these days is on the more casual side, jewelry can really spice up my outfits to add a little glam and make me look more put together. I really love gold right now. I think it looks amazing with a tan and it really stands out against clothes. I'm also really into colored jewelry, mostly turquoise. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a really nice piece. So many stores, and boutiques, have pretty jewelry that is reasonably priced.


I hope ya'll enjoyed today's post! Let me know in the comments below what your swim suit, and accessory, staples are this summer.


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment