Friday, June 20, 2014

Vacation Series: What's In My Beach Bag?

Hey ya'll!!

Welcome to Day 5 of my Vacation Series! Today is the last day of the Vacation Series and I'm going to show you what all I carry in my beach bag. Let's get started.

I needed a big, quality beach bag and found this one at Target this past week. I love the size, but what really sold me was the inside of it. It's all straw so it's perfect for the beach and will be easy to clean. This is also the bag I will be using for my "Road Trip Essentials".



First thing I pack is a beach towel, again from Target. We have a ton of Target beach towels. They hold up well in the wash and are reasonably priced. They have a ton of different colors and prints, so you're bound to find one you like.

Second is a ton of sun screen. I have two lotions and a spray. I like to carry all types of sunscreen that way the whole family is covered.

Third is a hat. I really like hats at the beach. They really come in handy when my face has had enough sun and for hiding my ratchet beach hair! This year I decided on a fedora. I've never had one, but they look so cute when I see them on other people so I decided I'd give one a shot.


Next is a pair of sunnies. I love my new RayBan Aviators, but I wouldn't dare wear them in the water because with my luck I'd lose them. I like to bring a cheap plastic pair, that way if I lose them I'm not super bummed.

Next is my Nook. One year while on vacation all I had was my iPad, and I couldn't see the screen in the sun. I ended up getting a Nook so that I could read it outside with no problems. I don't like to bring actual books or magazines to the beach because they end up getting wet and ruined. Plus they just add weight to my bag.

I don't like to go anywhere without my debit card and my ID, but I also don't like to bring my whole wallet to the beach. Instead I'm packing my Michael Kors wristlet. It's compact and holds my phone and my cards.

Lastly is a brush and detangler spray. I have an old brush that I use for the beach instead of my regular brush, that way I'm not brushing my clean hair with a dirty, sandy one. Detangler is a must! I hate the way my hair gets in ocean water, so I like to spray detangler in it each time I take a dip. It's a life saver for the kids too, and makes washing and brushing their hair later much easier.

I hope ya'll liked getting a peak inside my beach bag, and I hope you've enjoyed my Vacation Series! I really enjoyed doing it, and look forward to doing more series-inspired posts in the future. Let me know in the comments below some ideas on what type of series you'd like to see next.


xoxo,
Casey


1 comment:

  1. Great article! Thanks for sharing I have used road trip essentials and I must say, they are great relief using outdoors.

    ReplyDelete