Monday, June 9, 2014

Summer Wardrobe Essentials 2014



Hey ya'll!!

Today I wanted to talk about my Top 5 Summer Wardrobe Essentials. These are current trends, pieces, and prints that I am loving this summer. As always, links to each item will be posted below. I hope you enjoy!


The Maxi

Maxi dresses are something that will never go out of style for me. They are versatile, and can be worn casually while running errands, or dressed up for a date, or event, depending on the print and fabric. I prefer a Cotton Maxi for daytime when I'm wanting to be more casual. I like them best when paired with neutral flats or sandals. For night time, a date, or an event I prefer a more textured Maxi in a Polyester, or Rayon, material in a neutral color or a bold print. Pair it with a wedge sandal, or heels, and you have yourself a winner.



The Kimono

Kimono's are a new-found love of mine, and a big trend this year. I think they are so cute and are prefect for spicing up any outfit. There are so many colors and prints that you are bound to find one to compliment your own personal style. This is definitely a clothing item that doubles as an accessory.



The Romper

I have been a fan of Romper's for years. They are easy, fun, and light weight which is perfect on those scorching hot Summer days. Dressed down in a pair of flip-flops, or dressed up with a wedge or heel, this little Summer Staple is sure to be a hit on any occasion.



High-Waisted Denim

I am loving high-waisted denim shorts this year. Not only are they totally adorbs, but they can be very figure flattering by making your waist appear slimmer. Pair them with a flowy top, tucked in with a belt, or with a crop top to really show off the detail of the shorts, and your figure. Work it girls!



Floral Prints

Floral prints are also a major trend that I am loving. They have come a long way from looking like your grandma's old curtains. From dresses to blouses, shorts to skirts, and everything in between, florals can be worn anywhere, just be careful not to over do it. If you are going to wear a floral top, stick with a neutral, or plain, bottom and vice versa. If you are going to do a floral dress, or romper, go easy on the accessories and shoes. You want the floral print to be the main focus, so go easy and wear solid colors everywhere else.



I hope ya'll enjoyed my Summer Wardrobe Essentials! As I'm sure you've noticed, I combined some trends together in a few of these looks. Fashion is meant to be fun, so experiment with mixing and matching! Be sure to let me know in the comments below what trends and pieces you are loving this summer.


The Maxi: Target
The Kimono: PacSun
The Romper: Forever 21
High-Waisted Denim: Abercrombie
Floral Prints: Forever 21

xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment