Thursday, July 17, 2014

YLS Lip Product Collection

Hey ya'll!!

Today I wanted to share with you my YSL Lip Product Collection. I started collecting about two years ago and it has slowly been growing ever sense. YSL has quite a few different lipstick, and lip product categories. I have products from four out of the ten categories. The packaging is the first thing most people notice. It's so luxurious and absolutely gorgeous. YSL definitely has the most beautiful packaging out of any other brand. The YSL line is pretty pricey. If you are going to splurge on a lipstick, or a lip product, I highly suggest getting a color that you can wear every day, that way you get the most bang for your buck.
YSL Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15
The Silky Sensual Lipsticks are very creamy, and very pigmented. They completely cover up your natural lip color. These lipsticks should be kept in a cool, or room temperature area. Do not leave them in a hot car because they will melt. I have three shades from this category. From Left to Right they are #1 Nude Beige, #3 Beige Ultimate, and #4 Sweet Honey. The shade #1 Nude Beige was the first YSL lipstick I ever purchased. It's the ultimate pinky nude, and is a cult favorite. It looks great on almost everyone, but for some reason it doesn't look that great on me. It looks gorgeous swatched, but when it's on my lips it kind of washes me out. If I wear this is have to either mix it with another color, or wear a gloss over it. The shade #3 Beige Ultimate is a very warm, rusty brown color. This color looks really great with a tan. Some people don't like brown shades like this, but they work really well with my skin tone. The shade #4 Sweet Honey reminds me of the color of peanut butter. It unfortunately is discontinued, but I was lucky enough to find mine on eBay. Only thing is, it was meant to be a tester, so instead of the gold cap, it's just a clear plastic cap. It really does a number on my OCD because it doesn't match the rest of my collection.
YSL Rouge Volupte Shine
This is my favorite lipstick formula. They are much more sheer than the Silky Sensual Lipsticks, and more glossy. They kind of feel like a balm on the lips, which is what I really like in a lipstick. The shades I have from Left to Right are #15 Corail Intuitive, #2 Pourpre Intouchable, and #9 Nude in Private. The shade #15 was the first shade I purchased in the Shine category. It's a gorgeous coral shade, I absolutely love it. I recently hauled #2 and #9. I really love all three of these shades. When it comes to a dark lip, I prefer berry colors to reds because they suit me and my skin tone so much better. I decided to purchase #2 because I didn't have any sheer berry shade in my makeup collection. All my berry shades are either matte, or very pigmented. The shade #2 is the perfect sheer, balmy berry color. I purchased the shade #9 because it's a very pretty, natural, everyday shade. It looks really great with a natural makeup look, or with a really smoked out look.
YSL Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stains & YSL Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm
I combined the last two categories since I only have one and two from each. The shades I have in the Glossy Stains are #27 Peche Cerra-Cola and #12 Coril Fauve. I only have one shade from the Glossy Balm category and it is #4 Succulent Pomegranate. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of any of these except for the Glossy Stain in #27. Peche Cerra-Cola is a nice coral shade, and looks awesome when paired with the Shine in #15 Corail Intuitive. The Stain in #27 and the Balm in #4 are just the wrong shades for me, I don't know what I was thinking when I bought these two, but the colors are all wrong for my skin tone. The stains are long wearing, but I just don't really like them all that much. The texture is different, they go on like a gloss and dry to a stain. They feel kind of sticky on the lips. The Balm's are nice, but I don't really think they are worth the price tag.

I hope you enjoyed getting a look into my YSL Lip Product Collection. Let me know if you have any YSL lip products, and what your favorites are!


xoxo,
Casey

2 comments: