Wednesday, July 9, 2014

GRWM: Naked 3 Palette

Hey ya'll!

Today I am going to be doing a full face Get Ready With Me using my Naked 3 palette. I will list all the products I used, what colors I used in the palette, and how I applied everything below.

Every makeup look should start with a good, clean base. I started by washing my face, and moisturizing like normal. I first primed my face using the Make Up For Ever HD Primer, and primed my eyes with the Nars Eyeshadow Primer. I then took a pump and a half of the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation on the back of my hand, and used my finger to dot it all over my face before blending it in using a Sigma F80 Flat-Top Kabuki brush. I like to dot the foundation all over my face first because it helps me not to use too much product. After that's buffed in, I apply the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer under my eyes, and blend that out using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush.
Next step is to set my concealer and foundation. I used the Laura Mercier Setting Powder with the Real Techniques Powder Brush. Then I used the Benefit BrowZing in Medium to fill in my brows using a flat liner brush to apply it.

Now onto the eyes. I started with the lightest shade in the palette, Strange, and applied it using a large shadow brush all over my lid and up to my brow bone as a base. I then took the Real Techniques Shading Brush and mixed the colors Buzz and Trick together, and applied them all over the lid. Using a fluffy crease brush I took the color Nooner and applied it generously into my crease. Using that same crease brush, I applied Factory over top of Nooner. Going back to the Real Teachniques brush, I took the color Darkside and applied it to the outer corners, and into the crease, to darken it up a bit. Finally, using a clean, fluffy crease brush, I blended out Darkside so that it wouldn't be too harsh. Once the eyeshadow was done I used the Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Pencil in Matte Black to line my upper lash line. I lined the bottom lash line with Nooner and Factory using a small, flat shader brush.
I like to apply my bronzer, blush, and highlighter after my eyes. If I have any fall out, I use my powder brush to dust it away before applying these next products. I used the Sephora Collection Classic Contour brush, along with the Becca Shadow & Light Bronze/Contour Perfector to bronze my face. I applied it in the hollows of my cheeks, my forehead, my chin and jawline, and down my nose. Then, using the Sonia Kashuk Dense Blush/Powder Brush I applied the Nars blush in Sin to the apples of my cheeks, blending it back towards my hairline. I ended up applying it with a heavy hand, so to correct it I blended it out using a big stippling brush. After bronzer and blush, I applied the Becca Highlighter in Opal to the tops of my cheeks and above my brows.
I like to apply my mascara after all my powder products. If I apply my mascara before the powder products, my eyelashes end up getting dusty, and that's just not a good look. Per usual I used the Loreal Voluminous Extra Volume Collagen Mascara, followed by the Covergirl Clump Crusher.
Last but not least are the lippies. My lips are chapped right now so I just went with a balm and a gloss. I used the Tarte LipSurgence in Energy, and topped it off with the Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight.
That's it for today's GRWM: Naked 3 Palette. Let me know what shadow combo is your favorite using the Naked 3 Palette!


xoxo,
Casey

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I always like seeing new ways to use the Naked 3 Palette. It has such great colors in it just like all of the other Naked palettes.

    http://raisingtheroofsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ya!! I love the Naked palettes! And you're right, the amount of looks you can create are endless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove this look!!!!! Your skin looks flawless! I'm definitely going to try this one! Love it! love it!!!

    http://www.michellebeltre.com

    ReplyDelete