Monday, July 14, 2014

Review: Becca Cosmetics Shadow & Light Bronze/Contour Perfector


Hey ya'll!

Today I want to talk about the Becca Cosmetics Shadow & Light Bronze/Contour Perfector. I originally saw this product posted on the Becca Cosmetics Instagram page and it looked gorgeous. I went to Sephora a few days later to check it out in person. It looked so beautiful swatched, so naturally I had to have it.
The bronzer comes in the typical Becca packaging with the metal "Becca" plate in the center, and is the same size as the highlighters. Unlike the other compacts, the bronzer compact is a dark brown color instead of the standard gray. I'm not the biggest fan of Becca's packaging, the compacts remind me of UFO's. But it doesn't really matter what the packaging looks like, as long as the product inside is great.
There's two shades in the compact. The lighter shade looks very shimmery. But when it's swatched there is zero glitter and it's not super shimmery. The color is a really pretty, bronze shade that has a nice glow to it. The darker shade isn't matte and it's not shimmery either, but it does have a slight sheen to it. When swatched it's not as glowy as the light side, but it still has just a tad bit of sheen to it. It's a nice, rich brown color, similar to Benefit Hula, but not matte. When the two shades are swirled together, they leave you with the perfect amount of glow and bronze. The glow is very similar to their highlighters, just not as intense.
The product is universal. The two shades can be worn on their own, or can be mixed together, as shown in the swatches above. If used separately, the darker shade is the contour shade. You would apply it to the hollows of your cheeks, on either side of your nose, and along the jawline. You then would take the lighter shade to bronze your cheeks, forehead, and any where else you wish to add a little color. I like to wear them mixed together. I don't usually give myself a very strong contour. I prefer to just bronze along my cheek bones, forehead, nose, and jawline to add color and dimension.

Overall I think this is a wonderful product and I highly recommend giving it a try. I typically prefer a matte bronzer, but the formula of this bronzer is perfection, and it has the prefect amount of sheen and shimmer. It's very easy to work with, and blends really smoothly. I think it would work well with most skin tones because it has the two different shades, similar to the Too Faced Sun Bunny.

I hope ya'll enjoyed todays review. Let me know if you have this bronzer, or if you plan to get it, and what your thoughts are on it.


xoxo,
Casey

1 comment: