Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Battle of the Lip Tints! Dior Addict Lip Glow vs. Tarte Energy LipSurgence

Hey ya'll!!

I love lip tints. I think they are the perfect lip product to keep in your purse for on the go. It's goof-proof, easy to wear, and looks great on everyone. I feel like lip tints don't get as much love as they should. These two are both balms that work with your body temperature to give you your own perfect shade of pink. They both aim to do the same thing, but they are different and each give a different shade of pink. Also, the shade of pink it gives you, may be a different shade on someone else.

First up we have the Tarte LipSurgence in the shade Energy. The packaging is the same as the other LipSurgence products. It's a "crayon" styled balm and rolls up as you twist it from the bottom. It is limited edition, but it's been out for a quite some time now. It's still available for purchase at Ulta and Sephora. You get .1 oz of product and it retails for $24. I do not like the "point" and am really thinking about just cutting it off so it's just a flat surface. It's a pain to apply with the pointed end, I always feel like it's going to break on me. I much prefer a flat surface on my lip products, which is probably why I don't own many lip crayons. This product is moisturizing, and has a minty-tingly feeling when applied to the lips. The shade I get from this is more of a berry shade than a natural pink shade. It has lasting power, too. Even after the balm and moisture wears of, my lips are still tinted.
Next up is the Dior Addict Lip Glow. The packaging is standard lipstick packaging, and is packaged the same as the other Dior Addict Lipsticks. This lip tint is a true balm and is really easy to apply. It's a permanent product and you can find it at Sephora or your local Dior counter. You get .12 oz of product and it retails for $32. It's very moisturizing and hydrating, with a minty smell and slight tingle. The tingle isn't strong at all. The color it gives is a very natural , healthy pink. It's perfect for every day.
After comparing price, packaging, formula, and shades, both of these products are very similar. The winner for me though, is the Dior Addict Lip Glow. I absolutely adore it! It gives my lips the perfect, natural shade of pink and I don't have to wear any lip balm with this because it acts as both. They both have a similar color, there's really not a huge difference. I bought the Tarte because I wanted to see if it would be a good dupe for the Lip Glow. The LipSurgence is nice,  and it gives good color, but I personally prefer the color and formula of the Lip Glow. As you can see, my Lip Glow is much loved and is almost completely gone. I have never finished any lipstick or lip balm before, so the fact that the Dior Addict Lip Glow is almost completely gone, really says something!

Let me know in the comments below if there are any other mashup's you'd like to see from me next!


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment