Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Mommy Minute: Kason's 7 Month Update

Hey ya'll!!

Today my baby is seven months old! I'm gonna go over what a normal day is like for him, what he enjoys, and how his temperament has been this last month.

I have seen a huge change in him this last month. He had been really fussy for a while, and I was convinced it was teething because he was drooling up a storm and chewing on everything. At his six month check up the doctor told me to go ahead and introduce more solids into his diet. Oh my gosh what a difference that has made! He literally has turned into a completely different baby. I felt kind of bad, that this whole time I thought he was crying because he was teething, but really all he needed was more solids to keep him full. He was already getting 30 oz of formula a day, so I wasn't able to give him any more than that, and he was getting two to three solid servings to accompany the formula. He now has six solid servings a day, and is taking in less formula, about 20-22 oz a day. I have moved him to Level 2 solids and he's been loving it. Two of those six servings were oatmeal, but I was getting the feeling that the oatmeal was starting to be too heavy for him so I changed that about a week and a half ago to either a veggie or a fruit, and it's worked out great.
Another change this month is his reflux. He has finally grown out of it and has been completely off his medicine for about three weeks now! I am so happy that he is finally over that. If any of you have had a baby with reflux, or have a baby with it, then I know you understand what it's like. The reflux would flare up sometimes and really bother him. I'm talking crying all day kind of bother, wanna pull your hair out kind of bother. Some days were better than others, and some days were just awful. I felt so bad about him having to take the medicine too, because it did not taste good at all. Plus, I didn't really like the fact that my baby had to take all that medicine in the first place. I had started weening him of the medicine before his six month checkup, because I could tell that it had been getting better. After getting the okay from his doctor, I stopped giving it to him completely after a week and had no issues what-so-ever.

Kason loves the water! He's been a big fan of bath time lately. Since he sits up good now, I've been bathing him in the kitchen sink. I fill the bubble bath up to his belly button, put his rubber ducks in there with him, and he has a blast. He grabs at the ducks, flips them over, and splashes the whole time. He also really loves being in the pool. I have a float that he sits in and his legs go through. He will kick his legs and swim himself all over the pool. It's seriously the cutest thing ever! Even when he's being held he kicks his legs, it's really cool to watch him. I like that he loves the water and isn't scared. I'm hoping that doesn't change as he gets older.

He still loves watching TV in his bouncer, and sitting in his Big Boy Chair (a red bean bag). He's been a lot more independent lately and wanting to just sit up on his own on the floor. As far as tummy time goes, he still could do without it. For some reason, he has zero interest in being on his tummy. He can hold himself up fine, sits up good, and can pretty much stand up with little support. But when it comes to rolling over, and scooting around on his belly, forget about it. I keep joking that he may walk before he ever crawls because he could care less about being on his belly!
A few toys he's really been loving lately are these silicone and plastic keys, and his Scentsy Lion. The keys have a yellow plastic ring with two big plastic and silicone keys on it. He loves to chew on them and wave them around. His Scentsy Lion smells so good! He's been grabbing for him a lot lately at bed time, and has been holding him while he sits in his red chair. The lion has been his TV buddy lately. He's also still obsessed with Socks the Fox his BlaBla Doll, and still won't sleep without his Bedtime Buddies (stuffed animals he sleeps with). I don't mind though, I think it's so funny and just the cutest how much he likes his stuffed animals. I'm sure doctors and some mom's out there would freak out about the fact that I let him sleep with his toys, but he's been doing it since he started sleeping in his own bed and I have no intentions of taking them away now. Even when he stays overnight with my mom or Kevin's mom, I pack his Bedtime Buddies. Socks the Fox goes everywhere with us, but if we are going somewhere overnight, the whole Bedtime Buddies crew comes too.

I think he has been going through a major growth spurt this past month because he has been sleeping a ton. He has always been a good sleeper, and was sleeping through the night at two months old. I've been putting him to bed at 8:00pm every night, and he will sleep until 8:00am the next morning, and sometimes even later. He also takes about three naps during the day. He takes a morning nap about 10:00 or 10:30 and will sleep anywhere from an hour and a half to two and a half hours. He's ready for his afternoon nap around 2:00 or 2:30 everyday. He will sleep about two to three hours and will be ready to get up again. Sometimes he will even want to take an evening nap, if so its usually for about 45 minutes to an hour around 6:00pm. His naps are all him too, I don't just automatically put him down, he lets me know when he's tired. Ever since we upped his solids he hardly fusses, and only does when he's tired or is bored. He starts to fuss like clockwork around the same time everyday, and as soon as I lay him in bed, he rolls over and grabs for one of his Buddies and is asleep in five minutes.
I hope you enjoyed this check up! I will give another update on Kason and his routine next month. Also, I'm needing to get him a bigger carseat. Let me know in the comments below if you have any recommendations on brands or styles, and what kind you have for your little one.


xoxo,
Casey

2 comments:

  1. Casey your son is adorable. Im glad to hear he is now over his reflux, and medication free.
    I bet your happy he is sleeping straight through the night. Aww he is lovely.

    Aimee xo
    www.aimeeleighmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks girl!! That's so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete