Friday, August 1, 2014

July Favorites

Hey ya'll!!

Holy cow, I can't believe another month has flown by. This year is going by so fast! Today I'm going to show you my July Favorites. I have a pretty well rounded set of goodies that I've been loving this month. I've got the usual beauty and books favorite, with some skin care, and a fashion favorite thrown into the mix.
Loreal Youth Code Texture Perfector
I was roaming around the skin care aisle at Target a few weeks back and stumbled across the Loreal Youth Code Texture Perfector. This has been around for a while now, but I never gave it too much thought. Towards the end of June, my skin seemed to be lacking something. I wasn't breaking out or anything, but my skin just seemed a little dull. I've been using this all month long and I really have seen a difference. I apply it morning and night, and I feel like my skin is more smooth, plump, and firm than it was prior to adding this into my daily skincare routine.
Becca Cosmetics Shadow & Light Bronze/Contour Perfector
This may look familiar because I've hauled it, reviewed it, and used it in a GRWM. I am absolutely obsessed with this bronzer. It is my absolute favorite right now and I have used it every single time I've done my makeup this month. I already have a few posts on this, so if you want to know more, you can check out my review here.
Sephora Pro Flawless Light Powder Brush
I hauled this brush a while ago, and to be honest I really didn't care for it all that much at first. It was a pretty pricey brush, so I've been trying to find the best products to use it with, and the best way to use it. I started using it to apply my Becca Bronzer, and it works perfect with it. I swear the two products were made for each other.
Nars Blush in Lovejoy
I love Nars blushes. This month the shade Lovejoy has been getting a tremendous amount of love from me, and I've used it almost every time I've worn makeup this month. It's a dusty, rosy brown shade that is perfect for summer, and it will be great for fall too. It's so pretty, super pigmented, and looks so good with a tan. This blush works best with medium to dark skin tones. If you have fair skin, it could go either way. I would definitely recommend using a light hand if you do have a lighter skin tone.
Loreal Miss Manga Mascara
I did a First Impressions on this at the end of June, and I liked it but definitely wasn't blown away by it. However, I've been using it a ton the last few weeks. I think that since it had a few weeks to sit after being opened, it was able to dry out just a tad. Ever since then it's been so amazing, and so much easier to manage and apply. I had to be really careful with this in the beginning because I had to get used to the wand, and it was a wetter formula. Since drying out a little, it's been so much easier to work with, and it builds up really well. Two coats of this, and my lashes are voluminous and lengthened.
Buxom Lip Gloss in White Russian
I was looking through my collection at the end of last month, and tried to pull out lip glosses that I hadn't used much recently and this was one of them. After pulling it out of my collection I have been using it non stop. I forgot how awesome and perfect this gloss was. This is a gloss that everyone needs in their collection. It's a gorgeous, milky pink color that would look beautiful on everyone. It's perfect for every day and night. If you don't already own this, you have to go get it ASAP.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Since we are in full blown summer, and it's been disgustingly hot out, I've been using this a lot more to finish off my makeup and opting out of an all over setting powder. These powder's are so soft and finely milled, and they give your skin the prettiest, most natural glow. The shade I've used the most is Radient Light (the shade on the left). I dust it on my forehead, nose, and chin after everything else has been applied and it just adds the perfect finish and pop to my skin.
Carmex
I know this is super random, but this seriously saved my lips this month. At the beginning of July, my lips were so chapped. It had been three days of me applying lip balm over and over again, and my lips were still raw and hurt like crazy. I hardly ever have chapped lips, and when I do it's never that bad to wear a little lip balm can't fix it. I haven't used this stuff in forever, so I didn't already have it at home. I finally went to CVS and grabbed this guy, and my lips were on the mend within 24 hours.  This stuff works like a charm, and I've been wearing it to bed every night since. When I wear it to bed, my lips are super soft and hydrated the next morning. This is definitely going to be a regular for me now.
Eleanor & Park
My book favorite this month is hands down Eleanor & Park. I'm not going to go into detail because I've already reviewed it. If you want to know more, you can check it out here.
Steve Madden DejaVu Heels in Blush Leather
These shoes are my new obsession. They are so pretty! I really like Steve Madden's heels. They are are well made, and they are a lot more comfortable to wear than some other brands. They also fit true to size. I love the built in platform, and they are also really sturdy. You know how sometimes you will put on a pair of heels, and you just feel wobbly and like the heel could snap at any minute? Yeah, that doesn't happen with these. And the color couldn't be more perfect.

I hope you enjoyed getting a peak at some of the goodies I've been loving this month. Let me know in the comments below what your favorites have been lately!


xoxo,
Casey

2 comments:

  1. This year really has whizzed by! I'm definitely going to be checking out a few of your top picks, I like the sound of the book and the hourglass palette.

    PS -your shoes are gorgeous!


    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete