Monday, August 25, 2014

Skin Care Routine: A.M. & P.M.


Over the past year I have been really into skin care. I've been trying a bunch of different products and trying to figure out what works for me. I've found some really great products, and feel comfortable with a routine that works for me. I'm going to go through my morning routine, along with my night time routine, and discuss all the different products I use.
I don't like to use a ton of products in the morning. I like my skin to feel clean, fresh, and awake without feeling heavy with product. I start by washing my face with the Murad Refreshing Cleanser. It smells really great and has a soft creamy consistency. Depending on how my skin is acting, and looking, I sometimes use my Clarasonic Mia with the Luxe brush head. This brush head is really soft and gentle, making it perfect for morning use. After I've cleansed my face, I moisturize. I absolutely love the Maracuja line from Tarte. I've been using it since I was pregnant with Kason. I start with the Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment. It's a thick eye cream, but it's not heavy. I have really dry under eyes, and this eye cream really hydrates and plumps my under eye area. It really helps moisturize and prep my under eyes for concealer. The Olay Complete moisturizer is my favorite and I've been using it for years. It's light weight and does a great job at keeping my skin moisturized. The Maracuja Oil is like hydration in a bottle. Some people cringe at the thought of putting oil on their face. This oil sinks into my skin without leaving a greasy residue, and leaves my skin glowing and plump. I mix in two drops of the Pure Maracuja Oil with a dime sized amount of Olay. The two work really great together and my skin loves it. Together they keep my skin moisturized without leaving me greasy. It leaves my skin with a nice glow, and makes my makeup go on so much smoother.
To remove my makeup at night I've really been liking the Garnier Cleansing Oil. It removes all my makeup and leaves my skin really soft and smooth. It's really great for dry skin. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging. The pump leaks and creates an oily mess over the whole bottle. After I've removed my makeup I use the Philosophy Purity Cleanser with my Clarasonic Mia and Deep Pore brush head. This brush head does a great job of exfoliating my face without over stripping it. I've purchased the Purity cleanser multiple times. I started using it during my pregnancy, it was the only cleanser that didn't irritate my face. After cleansing, I take one of the Philosophy Miracle Worker Retinoid Pad's and apply it all over my face, avoiding the eyes, and down my neck and on my chest. You can also use it on the backs of your hands, since the hands are also one of the first things on the body to show signs of aging. I let that sink in for about a minute before I apply my moisturizers. I've been using the Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus eye cream for a while and am almost out, I will be repurchasing it again. I honestly haven't seen a huge difference in my smile lines, but I don't think anything will really repair those completely. One I am always smiling, and two I think it's just part of who I am and is more prominent because of my high cheek bones. It has repaired the tiny fine lines I was starting to get around and under my eyes though. For my night time moisturizer I am obsessed with the Origins Starting Over moisturizer. It's really thick and moisturizing, and smells divine. I tried something different after purchasing this the first time, only to realize how much I loved and missed it. I'm so happy to have it back because my skin adores it.

As you can see, I use quite a bit of anti-aging products. Sometimes when I purchase them, the people behind the counter question me on why I'm buying them. I started using anti-aging products right before I got pregnant, so I was 24. When I got pregnant, I had to stop using some of them because they were unsafe. After my pregnancy and once I was done breastfeeding, I started using them again. I am all about prevention and starting an anti-aging routine at a young age. I'm hoping that by starting early, I won't have as much work to do as I get older.

I hope you enjoyed getting a look into my skin care routine! I do use masks occasionally as well, but I rotate a few different ones depending on what my skin needs, so I will probably save that for another post. Let me know in the comments below what your favorite skin care products are. I love discovering and trying new products so I'd love to know what you guys are currently using.


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment