Tuesday, August 26, 2014

September No Buy: Products I Want To Use Up

Fall is right around the corner and I am so excited! The cold weather months are my favorite for beauty and fashion. In preparation for the new season, I am doing a Beauty Ban for the entire month of September. I'm not going to be purchasing anything new in hopes of using up, or at least putting a dent, in some of the products I already have in my collection to make room for some new Fall beauty products.

I've been going through my makeup collection and setting aside products that I'd like to focus on this next month. These items are products that I have either had in my collection for a long time, have already hit pan on, or things that I haven't used in a while. Some of these products I'm not in love with. If I'm still not enjoying them after this next month, I will most likely be tossing them or giving them to someone who will love them more than me.
First up is my Naked Palette. I know I won't be finishing this completely and I may not even hit pan on a lot of these colors. I am including this because it was the first palette I ever purchased and I have had it for forever. I would really like to try and use this up a little more over this next month.
Next up are a few mascaras and pencil liners, along with my Anastasia Brow Gel. These mascaras are about halfway done and starting to dry out, so I know I will be finishing them soon. I'm not really into pencil liners anymore, but I don't want them to go to waste so I'm going to stop using my gel liner and finish these. The Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes is already almost gone. It's only going to last a few more applications before it's too small to hold and apply. I included the brow gel because it's also about halfway gone. Once it's finished up I really want to try the Benefit Gimme Brow gel.
These Benefit blushes have been in my collection for a long time. Coralista is almost gone, and I recently hit pan on Belle Bamba. I included these because they are bright, summery colors and won't be getting much use once Fall and Winter roll around.
I am always using different lip products, which is probably why I hardly ever finish any. I'm going to try and finish up the two Buxom glosses for sure. The other's I hardly ever show any love, so this is kind of going to be "Make It or Break It" time for them.
Along with my Naked Palette, I am going to make an effort to use my single eyeshadows. I never use these, which is why I pulled them out. After swatching them, I realized that there are some really pretty colors in this bunch. I really want to get a larger Z-Palette and depot these. I've realized over the years that if my shadows aren't in a palette, they probably won't get used. (1. Stila Kitten, 2. Urban Decay Twice Baked, 3. Urban Decay Vapor, 4. Urban Decay Roach, 5. MAC Sable, 6. MAC Expensive Pink, 7. Urban Decay Pistol, 8. Urban Decay Suspect)
Out of all my bronzers, these are the only ones I've hit pan on. I love Benefit's Hoola, but not so much this Smashbox bronzer in Suntan Matte. I've had it for forever and know that there are other bronzers I love so much more. I did love it at one point, so maybe using it again this month I will learn to appreciate it again.

I am going to keep all these products separate from my regular makeup collection to be sure and use them. I will update you on my progress in the beginning of October and let you know if I was able to finish any of these products, and if I finished anything else in my collection. It's going to be really difficult not to pick up any new products over this next month, but I'm going to try really hard! I'm also going to start a list of new products that I want to pick up for the new season. If you're interested in joining me in my "September No Buy", be sure to Tweet me or Instagram me with a picture of things you'd like to use up using the hashtag #SeptemberNoBuy!


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment