Wednesday, August 6, 2014

GRWM: Makeup, Hair, & OOTD

Hey ya'll!!

For today's post I just wanted to do a quick GRWM with a little more pizazz than usual! Instead of going into full blown tutorial mode on my makeup, I wanted to throw in how I did my hair and what I'm wearing. Kevin's out of town for work, and the kids and I didn't do much today. For the most part we hung around the house and I went to the gym and picked up some diapers. Tonight we are going to dinner to celebrate my sister's birthday, so I figured I would document how I got ready. Here we go!
I've been using the same makeup products recently. I've really been loving my Makeup Geek palette, but I decided to give it a break and bust out my tried and true Naked Palette. This is one of my favorite palettes of all time and I have hit pan on a couple of the shades. I think it's a really great neutral palette as long as you're ok with shimmer shadows. My foundation routine has been the same for about a month now, using my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation and the NYX HD Concealers. I never venture out and try new brow products, I'm pretty happy with my BrowZing and Anastasia Brow Gel. I've been really loving the bronzer/contour routine I've been doing lately. I've been contouring with the Hoola bronzer, and bronzing with the Becca. NARS blush in LoveJoy has been getting tons of love too. It was one of my favorites for July. Becca's highlighter in Opal is my holy grail highlighter, I'm so in love with it.
I decided to curl my hair today and opted for a larger barrel than usual. Ever since I cut my hair, I had been using a 3/4 inch barrel to curl my hair. It's starting to grow out so I decided to use a 1 inch barrel today. I love the way it turned out! The 1 inch created a soft, touchable, bouncy wave. And do we see how much volume it added? I think I just found my new favorite hair style. I love wearing my hair straight, but every now and then I get really bored with it. This is a very nice change of pace. I washed and blow dried my hair like normal. I then sectioned my hair in three sections and curled away from my face. When I got to the crown, I parted my hair in the direction I want it to go before I started curling. It didn't take long to do this look at all. It was super quick and easy. To finish it off and get some extra volume, I teased my hair on each side of my part just a tad.
I love wearing rompers in the summertime. They are easy, comfortable, and keep me cool in the warm weather. This one I purchased from Forever 21 at the beginning of summer. I love the Aztec print and the added flap that gives it a dressy look. The only thing that bugs me about this romper is that it has a snap closure in the front and it is constantly popping open. It can be quite annoying because let's face it, no one wants to see my sticky boobs I have on underneath. 

I hope ya'll enjoyed today's GRWM. I really want to get a new curling wand, because all I have is a measly little old school curling iron. Let me know what your favorite curling wand is in the comments below. Ta-ta for now!


xoxo,
Casey

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Just the makeup photos give me so much shopping inspiration!
    Damn it!
    Also I love that romper - Aztec print is everything!
    Kelsey x

    ReplyDelete