Monday, August 11, 2014

Skincare & Beauty Haul

Hey ya'll!!

As promised last week, I have a Skin Care & Beauty Haul for you today. It's mostly all skin care and most of them are repurchases. I ended up running out of a lot of skin care products at the same time so I needed to pick up a lot of things. I've pretty much gotten my skin care routine down so a morning and evening skin care routine may be coming soon, I'm just working out a few little kinks.
Philosophy Miracle Worker Retinoid Pads
If you are 25 or older, a retinoid is a very important step you should add into your skin care routine. It's a powerful anti-aging treatment that helps fight fine lines and wrinkles, reduce pores, brighten the skin, smooth skin's texture, and reduce dark spots. This particular retinoid is very powerful, but it's also gentle and suitable for all skin types. If you are pregnant, refrain from using all retinoid products. Included in the box are a set of 60 single use pads, and a bottle with the retinoid treatment. Before use, pour the solution into the container with the pads. You can use them every other day, or every day. I use one pad every night after I wash my face, before applying any serums or moisturizer.  This is my third time buying this product and I really enjoy it. It doesn't burn or irritate my skin, and I can definitely tell a difference when I'm using it and not using it. When I am using it regularly, my skin is tighter, my pores are smaller, and my skin looks healthier.
Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment
I have repurchased this eye cream so many times that I have lost count. I use it as my day time eye cream and I absolutely love it. I was using it for a while until I had heard about the Olay CC Eye Cream. I wanted to see if they were comparable to each other, and just to try something new to see if I really did like this cream as much as I thought I did. This is so moisturizing and makes my under eyes feel so soft and hydrated. I am convinced that this product was made for me and I can't live without it.
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in N128
This is my second bottle of this foundation and I love it. It's a medium coverage foundation, and can build up to full coverage. I love the finish it gives, it looks really natural and makes my skin look young and healthy. It is long wearing and looks really great in pictures. This, along with my NARS Sheer Glow, are my favorite foundations of all time.
Garnier Refreshing Remover Cleansing Towelettes
I know this isn't super exciting, but these are my favorite cleansing wipes. I don't use makeup remover wipes regularly, but when I do I like to use these. I've tried so many different brands and types of face wipes, but I always end up going back to these. They don't irritate my skin, they are gentle on my eyes and don't make them burn, and they smell so good.
Clarasonic Luxe Cashmere Cleanse Brush Head
I love my Clarasonic and I use it every single day. I needed a new brush head, and normally I buy the brush head designed for large pores. I really wanted to try a Luxe brush, because I had seen them in store but haven't really heard anyone talk about them. I've already used this for a couple days so I have my own thoughts about it. This brush head is very soft and very gentle, so if you have sensitive skin you would really like this. I'm going to keep this, but I prefer the Deep Pore brush head and will be going out to repurchase that one again. I think the Luxe brush will be perfect to use in the morning time because it's really soft and gentle, but I still prefer ti use the Deep Pore brush at night time to really scrub the day away.
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lovecraft
I'm a lipstick junkie. Any time I go shopping, the first thing I do is go straight for the lip products. I haven't tried anything from Kat Von D's line, but have heard really great things about all of her products. I decided to try one of her lipsticks and got one in the shade Lovecraft. It's a really pretty matte, mauvey pink shade. This color is gorgeous, it's long wearing, and I think it will be perfect for Fall. I really have been enjoying the formula and want to check out other shades from the Studded Kiss line.
Origins Starting Over Moisturizer
This moisturizer literally gives my skin life and I am so happy to have it again. This is my second time repurchasing Starting Over and my skin absolutely loves it. After I purchased it the first time, I really enjoyed it, but I wanted to try other Origins products. I bought the Night-A-Mins after my first bottle of Starting Over. I thought it was nice, but it just doesn't compare to this one. Once I ran out of the Night-A-Min's I new without a doubt I was going back to this one. It's so thick, creamy, and smells like a spa. I use it as my night time moisturizer and it leaves my skin super hydrated. I wake up in the morning and my skin feels plump and has a really healthy glow to it. 

I hope you enjoyed today's haul and all the mini reviews! If you want to know more, or see separate  reviews on any products I listed today, let me know in the comments below.


xoxo,
Casey

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I definitely want to hear about your skincare routine! Specifically your daytime routine. I am looking for a good moisturizer for day time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm hoping to have one up in the next couple weeks! :)

      Delete
  2. This is great! I love Makeup Forever mascara, I'm curious now to try the foundation.

    Hey, I love reading your blog and I nominated it for a liebster award! Check out the details here: http://lilgeorgiapeach.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award-again.html

    ReplyDelete