Monday, September 29, 2014

September Favorites: Beauty, Books, Fashion, & Mommy Favorites

Hey ya'll!

Another month down, another Favorites post to share! I have a little bit of everything to show you today. I don't have a lot of beauty favorites this month because I've really been using a lot of the same products, especially since I wasn't being super spendy this month and buying a ton of new products. I added in a fashion favorite, my book favorite, a random "home" favorite, and my mommy favorites for the month.

Let's start with my Beauty Favorites first.
The first product is the Loreal Magic Lumi Primer. Since we are going into the colder months I wanted to find a primer that would add some radiance to my skin. I have been wanting to find a nice primer that was from the drugstore and decided to try this one. I've tried the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer before, but it was a bit too shimmery for me. The Magic Lumi is a really nice primer that adds a subtle glow to my face without making me look like a disco ball. I have used it by itself underneath my foundation, I've layered it on top of Benefit's Porefessional, and I have also mixed it into my foundation and it worked great all three ways.
My next Beauty Favorite goes along with the Magic Lumi Primer, and it is the Loreal Magic Lumi Concealer. I use this to brighten my under eye area and to highlight my face. I apply it on top of my under eye concealer, to my chin and forehead, down the bridge of my nose, and on my cupid's bow. Like the primer, this concealer add's a subtle glow that's not overpowering or super shimmery. If you are looking to add a little bit of a glow to your face, but don't want to look super dewy, I really recommend the Magic Lumi products.
The lip duo I've been obsessed with lately is the Kat Von D lipstick in Lovecraft topped with Urban Decay's Naked lipgloss in Walk of Shame. Both products look great on their own, and work wonderfully together. Lovecraft is a really pretty pinky/purpley mauve color, and it is completely matte. I was wearing it in my 90's Inspired Makeup Tutorial if you'd like to reference back to that. Walk of Shame is a really pretty, natural looking gloss with a tad bit of gold shimmer in it.
My last Beauty Favorite is my Real Techniques Sponge. I've had this for a while now but hadn't really been using it much. I did a review on it a while back, and it is most definitely a dupe for the Beauty Blender. I really like it for blending out my under eye concealer, and for blending out the Magic Lumi concealer that I use to highlight my face. It's also really great if you apply too much foundation. Just go over your face with the sponge, and it will soak up any excess foundation you may have applied.
My Fashion Favorite is my green plaid flannel. I have worn it a ton this month and really need to go pick up some more. I got this one from Macy's last fall and got it in a size bigger than I normally would. I like my button ups and flannels to be a size larger because I like the way they look when they are a bit slouchy and oversized. Flannels are great for Fall and Winter month's and can be worn on their own, or layered over a cute shirt or tank top.
My Book Favorite this month has been Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. It's the first book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy and it is so good. If you love YA Fiction and Fantasy, then I definitely recommend checking out this series. You can read the synopsis here.
My Random Favorite has definitely been my Bath & Body Works candles. I have been burning them non-stop and have already ordered, and received, another batch. I love all of the Fall and Winter scents. They make my house smell amazing and makes it feel so warm and inviting. They normally sell for $22 per candle, but they often go on sale for 2 for $22. If you go to the Bath & Body Works website you can sign up for the emails. They always send out an email blast when they go on sale.
My Mommy Favorites this month have been this Mesh Feeder and this Munchkin Sippy Cup with a straw. Not only have I been loving these, but Kason has been loving them as well. They have made my life a little easier these past few weeks. I will talk more about them in Kason's 9 Month Update this Wednesday. If you are interested in either of these, you can find them both at Target.
That's it for this month's Favorites and I hope you guys really enjoyed it!


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment