Thursday, September 25, 2014

Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipsticks: Review & Swatches

Hey ya'll!

Well I almost made it through the month of September without buying anything. I am supposed to be on a Beauty Ban, but crap things just happen and the drug store has some really great products right now! I have been excellent in the high end department though. I haven't set foot in a Sephora all month long (cue the applause)! Anyways, I finally got my hands on the new Maybelline Creamy Matte lipsticks. I've been looking everywhere for them for the last two weeks. I got four out of the ten shades, and they are all absolutely wonderful and I am really happy with my choices. The formula is very creamy and comfortable to wear. Most matte lip sticks can leave your lips feeling really dry, and can be a little difficult to apply. These matte lipsticks are creamy, the don't dry out your lips, they apply very smooth, and they have great wear time. To see them in action, check out my video below. I also have attached pictures of all four shades, along with swatches for your viewing pleasure!


#655 Daringly Nude
Daringly Nude is a really nice pinky, nude shade. It's perfect for everyday and will look great in any season. It's comfortable to wear and easy to apply. If you're looking for a "No Muss, No Fuss" matte lipstick, you should give this one a try.
 
#660 Touch of Spice
Touch of Spice is a beautiful, warm, pinky/brown color. It was one of the colors I was most excited about trying out of the whole collection. It's very universal and I think it will look great on anyone. It's perfect for Fall and is right on trend with the whole 90's lip color. This shade will transition really well from day to night. I really love it!


#665 Lust for Blush
Lust for Blush is a pretty pinky/purple, mauve shade. It reminds me of a darker, more pink version of Kat Von D's lipstick in Lovecraft. This is another universal shade that I think would look great on a lot of different people and different skin tones. It's another one of those "No Muss, No Fuss" kind of color's that is really easy to apply.
#695 Divine Wine
Divine Wine is another one of the shades that I was super excited about trying. I've been looking for a deep red, burgundy color for Fall and the upcoming holiday season. I have a hard time wearing reds because most reds don't suit me at all. If I'm going to wear a dark lip color, I go for one on the berry side. This color is just what I was looking for, and I can't wait to wear it around the holiday's.

I think Maybelline did a FANTASTIC job with this collection. Coming from someone who shops high end quite often, I'm here to tell that you do not have to spend a ton of money to get a good quality lipstick. All of the shades are super pigmented, easy to apply, creamy, and long wearing. They look great on their own, and layered with a gloss.

I hope ya'll enjoyed today's post! Let me know if you've picked up any of the shades from the Creamy Matte collection. I'd love to know which ones you're wearing and loving.


xoxo,
Casey

2 comments:

  1. I did the exact same thing with my No-Spend September. I made it until about two days ago and then I ran around snatching up these lipsticks. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that's funny! After the first week I was like "Stupid No-Buy. Why did I do this to myself?!" I have a serious problem lol

      Delete