Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Favorites & YouTube Channel

It's that time again! Today's post is going to be all about the products I've been loving this month. I don't have a whole lot of products to talk about, but the things I do have to talk about have seen a ton of love this month and are absolute forever favorites.

I have some very exciting news to share with ya'll! I started a YouTube channel!! I'm really excited about it and can't wait to start making more videos. I want my channel to coincide with my blog. Sometimes I will have duel posts with a video and corresponding blog post, and sometimes I may just do a blog post with no video and vice versa. I uploaded my first video today and it's my August Favorites! Every products mentioned in the video is mentioned in this post as well. Please watch my latest video, and subscribe for future ones!
First up are my Makeup Geek eyeshadows. I have not wanted to use any other eyeshadows this month. These have quickly become my favorite shadows EVER. If I had to choose one eyeshadow palette out of my collection to keep, it would be this one, hands down. They are super pigmented, buttery, and blend really nicely. I can't wait to get some more colors for Fall!
Maybelline's The Falsies mascara has been around for a while. I've had it once before, but it's been a really long time. This mascara lengthens my lashes and gives them tons of volume. Maybelline has some really great mascaras, and this one doesn't disappoint.
The Becca highlighter in Opal is a gorgeous champagne/gold highlighter. I have been using it a ton and am in love with it. Becca is a really great line and has definitely become one of my favorite brands. Be sure to check out all of their products the next time you're at a Sephora.
An oldie but a goodie, the Benefit Hoola bronzer is a makeup must have. It's the perfect contour shade. It's completely matte and has no orange tones in it. It's definitely on the cooler side, which makes it perfect for bronzing and contouring, and creating natural looking shadows on the face.
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation is one of my all time favorites and works beautifully with my dry skin, giving me a really pretty and natural finish. If you have oily skin this would also work great for you, giving you a bit of a glow. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin and looks amazing in pictures.
My favorite eye liner lately has been the Maybelline Eye Studio gel liner in Blackest Black. It's smudge proof, lasts all day, and is really easy to work with. This liner is completely matte, and is very black. Sometimes black eye liners aren't super dark, and can look kind of grey. This one doesn't disappoint when it comes to getting a nice, clean, dark line.
Like I've said before, the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks are my favorite lipstick formula. This shade in #9 has been getting a ton of love from me this month, and that love will definitely continue through the Fall and Winter months. It's a glossy, rosey-nude shade that's perfect for everyday, or a night out.
I hope you enjoyed my August favorites. Be sure to head over to my channel and subscribe to see all future videos!


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment