Friday, May 15, 2015

KathleenLights “Where The Light Is” Eyeshadow Review|ColourPop Cosmetics


Hey ya’ll!! I recently made my first ColourPop purchase and decided to try out the “Where The Light Is” quad that KathleenLights helped to create. I’ve seen tons of YouTuber’s talk about ColourPop for a while now, but never personally tried anything. When I saw a few reviews and swatches of the “Where The Light Is” set, I decided that it was time I bite the bullet and try them out.

Top Shades: Glow & Cornelius - Bottom Shades: Blaze & KathleenLights

I have been loving cream eyeshadows lately, and these ColourPop shadows are right up my alley. They are very affordable ($5.00 each) and are comparable to the Loreal Infallible Cream Shadows. They are a cream to powder formula and are very pigmented. They are really soft and smooth, with a bit of a bounce to them, similar to the Bouncy Blushes from Maybelline.
Left to Right: Glow, Cornelius, Blaze, KathleenLights

The set retails for $20.00 and comes complete with four shades, two matte and two shimmer. The first matte shade is called Glow and is a creamy white shade, great as an all over lid color or brow bone highlight. Next is Cornelius which is a soft brown that is a perfect crease shade; it’s not too warm and it’s not too cool. The first shimmer shade is called Blaze and it’s my favorite shade in the quad. It’s a toasted bronze with lots of glitter and shimmer. Lastly is KathleenLights, which is a shimmery golden bronze. It’s an exact dupe for the shade “Unleashed” from the Lorac Unzipped Gold Palette, which happens to be my favorite shade in the palette. If you like the shade KathleenLights then you would really enjoy the Lorac Unzipped Gold Palette.
All four shades wear extremely well with zero fading or creasing. I wore them on top of the Urban Decay Primer Potion for a good 12 hours and they held up perfectly. If you are a fan of cream eyeshadows, and have not tried any of the ColourPop shadows, I really recommend them. Shipping is fast, they are affordable, and the quality and pigmentation are awesome. Next up on my list to try are the ColourPop Lippe Stix!


xoxo,
Casey


No comments:

Post a Comment