Saturday, May 30, 2015

Beauty & The Books|Book Haul May 2015

Hey ya’ll! It’s been a while since I have done any "book related” posts, and I have really missed them! I really miss doing lifestyle related posts, so I am definitely going to start doing more of them. Today I’m going to share with you some books I have picked up recently. I will have each book linked, in case you want more information. I’ve also included link to their Goodreads pages, if you want to read reviews and ratings.  
Paper Towns is about a boy named Quentin Jacobsen who has had a long time crush on a girl named Margo Spiegelman. They randomly become friends one night when she shows up at his house. They spend the entire night together and then everything changes the next day at school. From what I can gather, Margo disappears but has left clues for Quentin to find her. The movie adaptation comes out in theaters this summer, on July 24.
The Isle of the Lost is a Disney adaptation about the Disney Villains and their children. The Villains are Maleficent, The Evil Queen from Snow White, Jafar, and Cruella Deville. The Villains and their families live on an island called Isle of the Lost and it is ruled by Maleficent. The Disney Villains were banished to the island and stripped of their powers 20 yrs ago, and are unable to leave due to an invisible fortress. There is key to help them possibly regain their powers and unlock the fortress somewhere hidden on the island that they must find. It seems to me that this is going to be a coming of age story about the children, and the lesson is that just because you come from an evil family, doesn’t mean you can’t choose to be good.
Outlander was originally published in 1991 and there are 8 books in this series, with the ninth book in the works. It’s about a woman named Claire Randall who is a combat nurse in the year 1945. She has just come back from the war and has been reunited with her husband. They are on a vacation in the British Isles when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient stone circles, and is transported back in time to Scotland in the year 1743. This has been made into a TV Series on Starz network and I have not watched it. I have heard really amazing things about this series, and I’m excited to start it. I’ve heard is all things romantic, dramatic, fun, exciting, and adventurous.
Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress
These are all fairy tale retellings about Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, and Rapunzel. The prequel to this series called The Fairest came out in January of this year, and the next book in the series comes out in November titled Winter, which is going to be featuring Snow White. So far I have read Cinder, but have yet to start the next book in the series, Scarlett. I believe that each book features the character(s)  from the previous book in the series. I really enjoyed Cinder, and have heard really awesome things about this series in general, so I am excited to continue reading it.
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is about a girl name Tana who lives in a world where there are caged cities called Coldtowns that house vampires. There’s another thing, if you enter a Coldtown, you aren’t allowed to leave it. One morning after a party, Tana wakes up to find herself surrounded by dead bodies. She, her ex boyfriend who has been infected, and another boy whom she does not know, are the only three survivors. They have to find a way to save themselves, and the only way to do that is to entire a Coldtown.

xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment