Tuesday, March 24, 2015

LORAC Unzipped Gold Palette|Review, Demo, & Swatches

Hey ya’ll!! Today I’m going to share my thoughts and opinions on the LORAC Unzipped Gold Palette. I have also done an accompanying video with a demo if you’re interested in seeing this palette in action. To find out more about this palette, and to see pictures and swatches, just keep reading!
The LORAC Unzipped Pro retails for $42 and comes with ten shadows. You get 5 high-shimmer/metallic shadows, four true matte shades, and the last shade is more of a satin finish. I found mine at Ulta, but I believe Kohl’s also carried LORAC. The packaging is a sturdy cardboard, and is nice and slim making it perfect for storing and traveling because it doesn’t take up much space. You also get a decent sized mirror inside the palette.
When this palette was released I knew I had to have it. This is my kind of palette, and my kind of shades. I love shimmery gold shadows, and matter brown shades. They are very pigmented and are easy to blend. I have noticed from swatching these that they perform beautifully with a primer, and not so much without one. Wearing an eyeshadow primer will extend the wear time of your eyeshadow, and specifically with these, really helps with the performance and enhances the pigmentation of these shadows. I’ve been using this palette a ton over the past week, and have had zero issues when applying them, but when I try to swatch them on my hands they aren’t as pigmented and can look a bit patchy. I applied the LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer to the back of my hand and swatched them again, and it made a HUGE difference.
LORAC, in my opinion, makes some of the best eyeshadows on the market. If you like gold, shimmery, and bronzed shadows, I think you would really enjoy this palette. If you prefer more rose toned, pinks, and plum shades, the original Unzipped palette would be perfect for you. This is not a "must-have" palette, but if you are looking for something fun for Spring and Summer, or are looking to add to your collection, I would recommend the Unzipped Gold. The shades a high-shimmer, and the gold tones are going to be the perfect pair for a bronzed glow this summer!

xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment