Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Sephora Haul|Makeup, Skin Care, & Hair Care

Hey ya’ll! Today I’m going to be sharing with you everything that I’ve picked up from Sephora this past month. I’ve been to Sephora a few times, so this haul is collective. Some of these products are repurchases, and things that I actually needed! I have a couple makeup products, and the rest are hair care and skin care items.
 My hair has been really dry and not looking it’s best lately, so I’ve been in the market for a new hair mask or serum. Living Proof recently came out with this new night mask, and since I had never tried anything from the brand, I figured now was a better time than ever.  I have used this twice so far, and have seen a difference in my hair’s overall appearance and texture. I apply about four pumps of this to dry, dirty hair, and wash it out the next day. My hair is left feeling softer and smoother, shinier, and more manageable.
Last summer I purchased the original Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray. I ended up using the whole thing, but wasn’t 100% happy with it because it made my hair feel gritty and dirty. I like my hair to be moveable, touchable, and soft, so when I saw this hot new product it sounded like it was made for me. This is the same original spray, but with oil added to it. The new Surf Infusion creates softer, smoother texture, which is exactly what I’m looking for.
I recently finished up my night time moisturizer, and wanted to try something different. This is my first time trying anything from First Aid Beauty. The Ultra Repair Hydra-Firm Sleeping cream is really thick and creamy, and keeps my skin hydrated until morning, without leaving my overly greasy. It sits nicely on my skin, hasn’t broken me out, and a little bit goes a long way.
 I’ve heard bloggers talk about Benefit’s blush in Dallas for years, but never picked it up until now.  Dallas is a matte, mauve/plum/bronzer shade that looks beautiful on the skin. I think this will make a nice blush for Summer, but will easily transition to Fall as well. It adds the perfect amount of warmth to the face.
I love YSL lip products, and have been collecting them the past couple of years. This is a Glossy Balm in the shade #10 Tangy Mandarine. It’s a sheer, bright orange/coral. One of my favorite lip products is the Dior Addict Lip Glow, so I wanted something similar but in a different shade. This product goes on sheer, but can be built up for more added color, and is hydrating like a lip balm. It adds the perfect pop of color, and is perfect for Summer. This is a pricey item, but I don’t mind spending more money on a product that I know I will get tons of use out of. This is going to live in my purse, along with my Dior Addict Lip Glow, and will be in constant rotation this Summer.
 I have repurchased the Benefit Gimme Brow more than once now, and haven’t found any reason to try anything else. I get the shade Medium/Deep because I like my brows to be a little darker than my hair. This adds a little bit of color, slightly plumps the brows, and holds them in place all day.
The Philosophy Miracle Worker Retinoid Pads is another repurchase for me, but it’s been a few months since I’ve had it because it’s an expensive item. I needed to repurchase it because I have noticed my skin has been changing, my pores are becoming more noticable, my skin looks dehydrated, and it just looks dull. I see a huge difference in my skin when I use this on a regular basis, so I’m really happy to have it back.      
 I have noticed more fine lines under my eyes lately, and it’s freaking me out! I decided it was time to start using a retinoid under my eyes and decided to try this one since I like the Miracle Worker facial pads so much. The consistency of this reminds me of the Benefit Porefessional because it has that same thick, silicone texture to it. I’ve only been using it for a week so I haven’t seen any major changes yet. It says I should see a difference in about 8 weeks, so I will be sure to let you know how I liked it once it’s used up.
Another repurchase is the Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment. HOLY GRAIL EYE CREAM right here! I recently decided to try the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Under Eye Cream, and honestly wasn’t that impressed by it. It was a nice eye cream, and I finished it up, but I do prefer the Tarte one. The Tarte eye cream is much thicker, and hydrates my under eye area a lot better, and longer, than the Bobbi Brown did.
This is the Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Brush and it is awesome. I will say, I prefer the “setting” or “light” side. It fits perfectly under the eyes, and in the setting powders in the Shade + Light Contour Palette. The “contour” or “shade” side is nice, but it’s not dense enough for me to contour with. I like a really dense brush for contouring my cheeks, but this works nicely for contouring the nose. It also comes with a protective case that is perfect for storing and traveling.


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment