Thursday, April 30, 2015

April Favorites|Beauty & Lifestyle Favorites

Hey ya’ll!! Today I’m going to be talking about all the things that I’ve been loving this past month. I purchased a bunch of new goodies this month, some I’ve been able to use a good bit to make them favorites, while some I didn’t get a chance to use enough to call favorites just yet. I have been using, and loving, a lot of the same products the past couple of months, so I don’t have a ton of new beauty items to talk about. To make up for the lack of beauty items, I decided to add in a few lifestyle favorites as well. If you like me adding in a few lifestyle favorites, let me know!
Let’s start with beauty favorites first. The first thing, hands down, is the Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Palette. I picked this us during the Sephora VIB Sale and have been absolutely loving it. It’s a great, every day, matte eyeshadow palette. The shades are pigmented, buttery soft, and perform beautifully. I did a whole review and demo on the palette if you want to check it out.
Next up is the Becca Blush in Wild Honey. I have been wearing this blush non-stop since I got it. It’s a warm, apricot shade that’s perfect for Spring and Summer. I love the Becca blushes and want to collect the whole blush line. The next ones on my list to get are Songbird and Flowerchild.
This next product is the one I have used the most this month, and that is the It Cosmetic’s CC+ Radiance Ombre Bronzer. I am so in love with this bronzer, and it is one of the best I have ever owned. I like to wear shimmery bronzers in the Spring and Summer, and was in the market for a new one since most of the bronzers I own are matte. I was unsure of this when I purchased it, but am so glad I decided to bring it home with me. It’s so versatile with the three different shades in it, giving you multiple options depending on what kind of look you are going for that day.
The last beauty product I have to share is the Too Faced Shadow Insurance in the shade Champagne. I own a deluxe sized version, which is exactly half the size of the original. I got this, along with the shade Angel, during the Sephora Black Friday Sale this past December. I have been wearing it a lot over the past couple of months and decided it was high time I mentioned it. What’s great about this, is that it can be worn as an eyeshadow primer, or on it’s own. It is a shimmery champagne gold color that layers well under shadows, and looks really pretty on it’s own. I like pairing this with matte shadows. The shimmer gives matte shadows a really nice "satin glow” that I’ve been really into lately.

Moving on to my lifestyle picks…

First up I have a nail polish, and it is Essie’s polish in Mint Candy Apple. This is not a new product, but it’s new to me. I’ve heard tons of beauty bloggers rave about it for forever now, so I decided it was time I see what the hype was about. I really like the fun, light blue color against tan skin. It really pops and adds a nice pop of color.
Next up I have a candle from Bath and Body Works that was a complete surprise. I really love the Fall candles from them, but haven’t ever found a good Spring/Summer scent until now. The scent is Lemon Mint Leaf, and it smells so amazing. The description says it’s "freshly cut lemon balm and spearmint give a refreshing lift to a blend of vetiver and citrus”. It’s the perfect mix of mint and citrus, and I’m absolutely loving it.
I fell in love with the show Empire this month. The season is already over, so I marathoned it on Hulu. When I saw the initial promo’s for the show, I honest thought it was going to be dumb, but man was I wrong! The music first off, is so amazing, I downloaded the soundtrack and have been listening to it on repeat. Secondly, the story line, the characters, and the drama are so addicting. I cannot wait for Season 2.
I haven’t posted anything from my Beauty & The Books series lately, so I though I’d throw in a book favorite. I recently finished Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas which is the third book in the Throne of Glass series. The fourth book in the series is set to come out later this year and I am so excited. This book series is one of my favorites. It’s a Young Adult Fantasy series with lots of action, drama, mystery, magic, and of course a love triangle. If any of that strikes your fancy, I highly recommend this series to you.
That’s going to be it for my April Favorites! I hope you enjoyed getting a peak at everything I’ve been loving this month, and I hope you liked seeing some lifestyle favorites as well. I’m not sure if I will continue to add in my lifestyle favorites, or if it will just be an every now and then sort of thing. Let me know your thoughts down below in the comments! :)

xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment