Friday, April 10, 2015

Maybelline Color Tattoo’s vs. Loreal Infallible Cream Shadow’s

Hey ya’ll!! I’m really excited for today’s post because it’s one that I’ve been wanting to do for a while now. I have been really into cream shadows lately and have been playing with these beauties the past couple of months so that I could give you my 100% thoughts, opinions, and experience with them.
The Maybelline Color Tattoo’s and the Loreal Infallible Cream Shadow’s are two of my favorite products from the drugstore. There are things that I like, and don’t like, about each line which is what we are going to get into today.
The Maybelline Color Tattoo’s are a true cream formula. They are best applied with your finger, and dry down to a powder finish. They come in a glass pot similar to the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade’s, or a potted gel liner. You get .14 ounces (4 grams) of product in each pot and they retail for $6.99. You can find them at any drugstore, and most often there are coupons available for Ulta and CVS, so you typically won’t have to pay full price for them.
The shades I have, from left to right, are: Bad To The Bronze, Tough As Taupe, Bold Gold, Vintage Plum, and Creamy Beige. The first three are from the original Color Tattoo line and the last two are from the Leather Collection. I do find there is a difference in formula between the original’s and the Leather’s. The original formula is a bit dryer, where the Leather’s are much more creamy and easy to work with. Bad To The Bronze and Tough as Taupe are great everyday shades and have great pigmentation. My favorite Color Tattoo, and a new holy grail item for me, by far is Creamy Beige. It is super creamy and pigmented, and is the perfect lid color. It is beautiful on it’s own, with a little definition in the crease, and with a smokey eye. My least favorite shades are Bold Gold and Vintage Plum. Vintage Plum was the biggest disappointment because it is very patchy, and the color separates and cannot be built up. Bold Gold isn’t what I hoped it would be. Instead of being a bronzed gold like I was hoping, it comes off more like a Deli Mustard color, which I’m not fond of.
The Loreal Infallible Shadow’s are much different from the Color Tattoo’s. The Color Tattoo’s are a true cream formula, where as the Loreal Infallible’s are more of a Hybrid between a cream and a powder. You can apply them with your finger or with a brush. I prefer applying them with my fingers because I think you get a much better color payoff, and effect that way. The shadow’s are packaged in a pot form similar to the Color Tattoo’s, but are flatter and in a plastic container versus a glass container. What I like about this packaging is that they come with a plastic stopper that sits under the lid, on top of the product. This really helps to keep the shape of the shadows, and helps to keep them from drying out. You get .12 ounces (3.5 grams) of product and they retail for $7.99. You do get a little less product for $1.00 more with the Infallible's. Again, you can find these at any drugstore, and there are coupons available.
The shades I have, from left to right, are: Amber Rush, Iced Latte, Bronzed Taupe, Bottomless Java, Golden Emerald, and Gilded Envy. As you can see they are all high-shimmer, and super pigmented. There are no matte shadows available in the collection. My favorite shadows from this line are Amber Rush and Bronzed Taupe. Amber Rush is a true dupe for MAC’s “Tan” Pigment. It’s a beautiful rose gold shade that is perfect for Spring and Summer, and will be stunning with a bronzed summer glow. Bronzed Taupe is another beautiful Spring and Summer color. It’s one of those shades that can be worn on it’s own and look exceptional. I already know that both of these shades are going to be go-to, easy color's to pop on my lids this Summer. Bottomless Java and Golden Emerald are both beautiful shades that have small specks of glitter in them. The great thing about the formula of these is that there is zero fall out, so you aren’t going to end up with glitter all over your face after you’ve applied them. My least favorites are Iced Latte and Gilded Envy. They are both a lot dryer in texture, and crumbly, than the other four. It’s really a bummer about Iced Latte because the color is very pretty. It’s a great brow bone and inner corner highlight color, and would be really pretty to apply in the center of your lids for an extra pop. I just wish it was creamy and smooth like the other’s. Gilded Envy just isn’t the right color for me. It’s not a bad shade by any means, it’s just not a great shade on me. I actually purchased it by mistake. I meant to grab Golden Emerald, but saw the green in the package and bought it thinking there was only one green in the collection.
If I had to pick one line over the other, the Color Tattoo’s or the Loreal Infallible Shadow’s, I would have to go with the Infallible’s. It kills me to have to choose because the Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige is one of my new, holy grail products and is my favorite shadow out of all of these combined. But when you get down to performance, formula, pigmentation, and application for the shadows as a whole, the Loreal Infallible Shadow’s win in my opinion.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post and found it helpful! I would love to know which one you prefer out of the Color Tattoo’s and the Infallible’s, and which shades are your favorites. Like I said, I’ve been really into cream shadows lately, so if you have a favorite brand other than the two I mentioned, I would love your recommendations in the comments down below whether they be high-end or drugstore!

xoxo,
Casey




No comments:

Post a Comment