Sunday, April 26, 2015

Flawless Foundation Routine|Normal to Dry Skin

Hey ya’ll! Today’s post is all about my foundation routine. This is the foundation routine that I do every time I do my makeup (except for my lazy "No-Makeup" Makeup Days). I know that may seem a little excessive, but if I’m going to take the time to put makeup on, I’m going to go all out and do the full routine. I don’t use a ton of products in my foundation routine, so it really doesn’t take a long time for me to do it.
To get the best possible base, you first need to cleanse and exfoliate your skin. This will not only smooth your skin, but also will rid it of any left over makeup, dirt, and oil, allowing for the best possible makeup application. Next is to moisturize. I have normal to dry skin, so I like to mix in a little bit of oil into my daily moisturizer. The Tarte Maracuja Oil is my absolute favorite. I usually wait about 15 minutes or so after I’ve applied my moisturizer to start my makeup application, but I like to apply my under eye cream right before I apply my makeup. I have dry under eyes with fine lines, so applying my under eye cream right before I apply my makeup really helps my concealer blend in without creasing, or caking up.
I first prime my skin using the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. This product is pricey, but it works really well at keeping my makeup in place, and lasting throughout the night. It’s light weight, and dries quickly, without leaving any sort of residue behind.
Next I apply the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation using the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush. This is one of my favorite foundations and it works great with normal, dry, and combination skin types. If you have oily skin this foundation can still work for you, but you will just have to set it with a powder, and probably do touchups throughout the day. This is a medium coverage foundation, dries down to a normal finish on me, and looks amazing on camera and in pictures.
After I’ve applied my foundation I like to conceal and highlight using the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind. This is the best concealer I have ever used, drugstore or high-end. I have dry under eyes and have fine lines. It’s not necessarily wrinkles, but because I have full and high cheekbones, when I smile my eyes naturally crease which causes the fine lines. Because of that, most concealers crease on me and can cake up really easily. This concealer is lightweight, super creamy, and very pigmented, making it the perfect two in one product for both concealing and highlighting. I like to blend it in using a dampened Real Techniques Sponge. Since the sponge is dampened with cool water, it adds a little bit more hydration, and blends in the concealer perfectly.
Lastly, I like to set all of that concealer with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. I only set the areas that I put concealer at, I do not set my whole face because I tend to be on the dry side. This powder is very finely milled, soft, and light weight, making it perfect for my under eyes. It’s a translucent powder with a pale yellow undertone, so it does a great job at brightening up my highlighted areas too. The powder isn’t heavy at all, so it really helps to set everything without looking super powdery or cakey. The Hourglass powders are on the expensive side, but they last a really long time. I’ve been using mine a ton the past two months and have yet to hit pan.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post and found it helpful! Be sure to watch my video if you’d like to see my foundation routine in action. Also, I would love to know what your favorite base products are in the comments down below!

xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment