Friday, November 14, 2014

Top 10 Fall & Winter Lipstick's

Hey ya'll!

Today I'm going to share with you my Top 10 Fall and Winter Lipstick picks. I'm going to show you pictures of each lip product, hand and lip swatches, and give you a quick little review of each one. I have a great mix of high-end and drugstore options, as well as a wide range of colors. Enjoy!

Watch my video for hand and lip swatches of each lipstick!

I'm going to start with the nudes and brown shades first. All of these shades are perfect for Fall, and are on the 90's lip trend.
Lovecraft - Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick
This is a gorgeous, matte, pinky-mauve lipstick. It goes on smooth and lasts a long time. Depending on your skin tone it could pull more nude, pink, purple, or mauve. It's a very unique color that I think will suit many different people, and is perfect for Fall.
#3 Beige Ultimate - YSL Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick
This is a really creamy, red brown shade. This color compliments all skin tones, and feels really smooth on the lips . The lasting power isn't all that great on it's own, but if it's worn on top of a lip liner it will last longer.
Touch of Spice - Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick
This lipstick is also a red brown shade, but it's more on the mauve side. It has a matte finish, but instead of being really dry,  it's creamy and smooth. It's long lasting and is very comfortable to wear.
Velvet Teddy - MAC Matte Lipstick
This is one of my favorite lip products right now. It's a beautiful dark, nude brown that is perfect for any occasion and can be worn with a really simple makeup look, or a smokey eye. Like Touch of Spice, it's very creamy, long lasting, and doesn't dry out my lips.

Next up are the red's. I recommend wearing a lip liner with these shades to prevent your lipstick from bleeding outside your natural lip line.
Divine Wine - Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick
This is a beautiful, red wine color. Like the other shades in the Creamy Matte collection, it's very pigmented and long lasting. It's very dark, but if applied in a light dabbing motion, can be worn more sheer as a stain.
Cabernet Blend - Milani
This is one of my most worn dark lip shades so far this year. It's a deep, burgundy red color that makes my green eyes pop. Milani is my go-to drugstore brand for dark lip colors. The formula is wonderful, it goes on creamy with a bit of a shine, then later dries to more of a matte finish.

Next are my "Baby Vamp" picks. These are lippies that are perfect for someone just starting out with dark lip colors, or for someone who likes the idea of a vampy lip but doesn't want a super dark and opaque look.
Parisian - Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain
This color is a medium berry-purple shade. It goes on really creamy, kind of like a gloss, then dries to a stain. This is perfect for day time, because it's really easy and long lasting.
Purple Intouchable - YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick
This is my favorite formula from YSL. It's a mid-toned purple shade that can be worn sheer with one coat, or built up to be more opaque. It gives of the prettiest shine, making lips appear larger.

Last, but not least, the vampy purple shades. Again, like with any dark lip color, I recommend wearing a lip liner with any dark color to prevent your lipstick from bleeding onto your skin.
Scarlett Empress - NARS
This is one of the first vampy lip colors I ever purchased. It's a dark berry shade with a purple undertone. It dries down to a matte finish, and can get a little drying on the lips. But if worn under a gloss, it feels much more comfortable. If you dab just a little all over your lips, then top with a lip balm, you will have to prettiest stain.
Sangria - Milani
This is another lipstick that was one of my first vampy lip purchases. It's very similar to Scarlett Empress. It's a beautiful, purple berry color. It's very pigmented and is one of my favorite lip colors of all time. I don't own Rebel by MAC, but I have heard that this is almost an exact dupe for that shade.
I hope you enjoyed today's post and video on my Fall & Winter Lip Pick's. I'd love to know what your favorite Fall lippies are, so feel free to leave them in the comments below so I can check them out!


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment