Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sephora Haul - VIB Rouge 20% Off Sale


Hey ya'll!

Ok, surprise-surprise, I participated in the Sephora VIB Sale. It only comes around twice a year, so no matter what, I usually pick something (more like "some things") up. I have tried almost everything that I purchased and I must say, I'm VERY happy with everything I picked up!
NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette: This is probably my favorite, most exciting purchase out of the whole haul. I was nervous about getting it because it was pricey, but if I was going to get it at all, during the sale was the perfect time because I'd get 20% off. I am so happy that I decided to get it. NARS is one of my favorite high-end makeup brands. I have a few of their blushes, but none of the blushes I currently own are featured in this palette, so really I got three new blushes, a new highlight, and a new bronzer. This palette boasts three blushes, one highlight, and the cult favorite bronzer in the shade Laguna.
Tarte Brazilliance Self Tanner: I recently finished up the St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse and wanted to try out something new. I've heard that this is a nice self-tanner, but it's been a while since I've heard anyone talk about it. I have not tried it yet, but when I do, you will get the low down on how it performs.
Clinique Youth Surge Night Cream: I've used this a few times now and am still not 100% sure if I like it. I recently finished up my usual night cream, and even though I loved it, I wanted to try something new. The first time I used this, it left my face feeling tingly, kind of like when you put on a lip plumper. It's not super over powering, or uncomfortable, just very strange feeling. I was nervous because I thought it was irritating my skin, but I have not broken out or gotten any other weird reaction, so I'm going to continue using it and see how it works out.
BITE Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Truffle: I didn't originally purchase this during the sale. When I was making an online order, I purchased the Buxom gloss in Jasmine. It was described as a Black Cherry color, so I thought it was going to be a really nice deep, red color to top on my burgundy lipsticks. The color wasn't what I was expecting so I decided to return it. I've been wanting to try out BITE Beauty for a long time now, and decided to "bite" the bullet (Do you see what I just did there? Pretty fancy huh?!) and pick something out from the line. This color is absolutely STUNNING! It's a super dark purple, and almost looks black. I cannot wait to create a makeup look using this.
Smashbox Be Legendary Gloss in Vivid Violet: I've been on the hunt for a vampy lip gloss, and this is absolutely perfect. A lot of my vampy lipsticks dry to a matte finish, and sometimes I want to spice things up and wear a really glossy, vampy lip. This is the perfect shade to throw on top of any dark lipstick.
NARS Lip Gloss in Chihuahua: I have had my eye on this little baby for a very long time, but never decided to purchase it. I swear, every time I go to a Sephora, this color calls my name. It's a beautiful, warm, pinky terra-cotta color that really compliments my skin tone. If I haven't been wearing a dark lip, I've been wearing this. I am so, so glad that I finally own this because it's absolutely perfect for me.
Boscia Luminizing Black Mask: I decided to cash in some of my points and the first thing I decided on was this peel off mask. I haven't tried it yet, and have never tried anything from the Boscia line. It seems pretty promising so I'm excited to try it out.
Smashbox Studio Faves 500-Point Perk: I decided to try one of the big point perk's and thought this one was the best they have had in while. I have tried both of the primers and the eyeshadows so far. I must say, the under eye primer is absolutely amazing and I don't know if I can apply my concealer without it now. I totally thought that when they came out with that, that it was going to be a joke, but it's actually an amazing product.

That's everything I picked up during the Fall VIB Sale. Let me know if you'd like to see a review on any of the products mentioned!


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment