Tuesday, November 11, 2014

First Impression: Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation

Hey ya'll!

Today I'm doing a First Impression on the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation. I've been wanting to find a really good powder foundation for the colder months because I absolutely love the finish that it gives. I think the finish of a powder foundation is so beautiful, more natural than a liquid, and effortless. I also wanted a powder foundation because a powder is so much quicker to apply than a liquid, which comes in handy during the week when I want to look put together, but don't want to put in the time or effort.
Tarte recommends you use the Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush with this foundation. I was playing around with the brush while I was at Ulta and it seemed really nice and high quality, but it also reminded me of a brush that I already have, the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. These brushes don't look alike by any means, but the bristles and density of the Airbuki is what reminded me of the Real Techniques brush. The Real Techniques Buffing Brush has short, dense bristles like the Airbuki, so I wanted to try applying with that first to see how the application would go.
Upon first applying the foundation, I immediately knew I was going to be love it. It went on so smoothly, and feels very lightweight on the skin. The finish of this foundation is absolutely stunning! It's not completely flat, or matte, like most powder foundations can be. It gave my skin the most subtle glow which made my skin look, and feel, healthy. I was also really glad that I went with my gut instinct about the Real Techniques brush, because it was the perfect tool to use with this foundation.
I wore the foundation for 8 hours, with no touch ups because I really wanted to test out the lasting power. I was very pleased with the lasting power, and the wear time. The foundation held up very well, and still looked as pretty as it did when I first applied it. I did have a little shine by the end of the day, but it was nothing that I was bothered by, or concerned with. A little shine does not bother me because it adds a bit more of a glow and makes my makeup look even more natural.
I wouldn't go as far to say that this is a full coverage with just one application. I would say that it is a true medium coverage with one application, and can be built up to full coverage which I really appreciate. I tend to go for a medium coverage foundation because I like some of my freckles and other features to show through.

I give this foundation a huge A+ and am so happy with it. This is exactly what I had in mind, and what I wanted, when I was searching for a powder foundation. If you have been contemplating this foundation yourself, I absolutely recommend it and give it my stamp of approval. Also, if you want a new tool to apply it but don't want to spend the money on the Airbuki brush, the Real Techniques Buffing Brush is a wonderful choice and works really great.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and video. Let me know if you'd like to see another First Impression on any other products!


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment