Thursday, March 12, 2015

Beauty Haul|Ulta, MAC, & Drugstore

Hey ya’ll!! As promised, I have a haul to share today! I’ve been to a few different places, so I have a nice variety of beauty items to share. I’ve visited Ulta, Walmart, and a CCO this past weekend where I found a few MAC goodies.

Since February was a No-Buy month for me, I made a list throughout the month of items that I was interested in. Some items made the cut, some are still on my wish-list to possibly purchase at a later date, and some I ended up changing my mind on. I did use up a good amount of items over the last few months, so I did actually need some of the things that I purchased. But let’s get real, most of these things were just to feed my addiction and love of all things beauty!
Lorac Unzipped Gold Palette
I have been lusting over this palette for the past two months, and it was really hard for me to not buy it last month. When I saw the first few reviews and swatches of this palette, I knew I had to have it. I love gold shimmery shadows, as well as deep, rich browns. I plan on doing a review, demo, and swatches of this palette so keep an eye out for that.
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
It’s been a good while since I have purchased a high-end mascara, mainly because there are so many amazing ones at the drugstore. I’ve wanted to try this for a long time, and since I used up almost all of mine, including my holy grail Lash Blast Volume from Covergirl, I decided to bite the bullet and try this. I absolutely love the way it makes my lashes look, but there’s a big downfall to this mascara, and that is it transfers to my under eye area. I’ve never had a mascara do that before. I always set my concealer with a powder so I’m not sure how to avoid it transferring. If you know any tips or tricks to prevent mascara transferring to the under eye area, please let me know in the comments down below!
Covergirl Clump Crusher
If you are a regular to my blog, you know I love the Clump Crusher. It’s the perfect topper for any mascara. It removes any and all clumps, lifts, and separates my lashes and it’s a makeup must have in my book. ‘Nuff said!
Maybelline Lash Sensational
I will admit, I did purchase this in February, but ONLY because I had used every single mascara except for one and that is the Loreal Butterfly mascara. The only reason I purchased this during my No-Buy was because I used up all my go-to mascara’s, and really don’t care much for the Butterfly. Well, I hate to say that I really don’t care for this one either. The brush is extremely similar to the Butterfly, but even worse than that, it flakes so bad. I haven’t thrown it away because I figured I could use it for days when I need to run a quick errand and want to throw some mascara on, but I cannot wear this for long periods of time because the flaking ends up irritating my eyes.
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair
I decided to pick up this concealer because I recently used up my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind. I have this concealer in another shade already, but it’s way too dark for me right now (I believe I purchased it last summer when I was really tan, but didn’t end up using it much). There are a lot of claims that this concealer is very similar to the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, which I have tried and ended up giving to my sister because it creased on me. Sadly, this one did too. I have a problem with a lot of concealers creasing on me, so it’s really not a huge surprise. I’ve been playing with it and trying to use it in different ways to get it to work. I’m still in the process of that, so if I change my mind about it or figure out a way to get it to not crease, I will let you know.
Loreal True Match Lumi Foundation is W3 Nude Beige
I used up my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in February, and ended up purchasing the Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless foundation. I did a review and demo on it if you are interested in checking it out, just click here. Even though that foundation is nice, my skin is still pretty dry right now because of the weather, so I did need a more luminous, dry-skin friendly foundation, and decided to try this one since I really haven’t tried many drugstore foundations. I absolutely love this stuff! The color matches perfect, and the finish it gives it like that of a high end foundation. Surprisingly too, it wears for a long time. I had it on for 8+ hours, and it still looked great at the end of the day.
Milani Lipsticks in Sweet Nectar & Nude Creme
I love Milani lipsticks and they are my favorite lipsticks from the drugstore. I actually prefer them to many high-end lipsticks which says a lot! I only had dark, vampy colors from the brand, so it was time that I purchased a few more shades. I decided on Nude Creme because it’s a great, every day nude shade. Sweet Nectar is a hot orange shade that is going to be prefect for summer. I’ve really wanted a color like Sweet Nectar. I don’t like to wear a lot of heavy makeup in the summer, so I think a tinted moisturizer, full lashes, bronzed cheeks, and this hot orange lipstick is going to be the PERFECT summer look.
Loreal Infallible Creme Shadow in Bronzed Taupe
I grabbed another one of the Loreal Infallible shadows because I just adore them. Bronzed Taupe is highly pigmented, and has a very shimmery and metallic finish. This is another one of those perfect shades for when you need to get ready in a pinch. Throw this on the lids, put a little bronzer in your crease, add some mascara and you are good to go!
MAC Blush in Eternal Sun
Kevin and the kids took me to the outlet mall this past weekend to pick out a few birthday presents, and I stopped in a CCO while we were there. I had heard of CCO’s, but had never actually been to one, so it was definitely a must to check it out. CCO’s don’t have every single shadow, blush, lipstick, etc. It’s kind of like a TJ MAXX, where they have some current stuff, some limited edition, and what they have on display is all they have available. I came across this blush while browsing and decided that it had to come home with me. It’s that perfect warm, bronzed terra-cotta color that I just gravitate towards. Problem is that when I got home, I realized I already had a blush pretty identical to this one. Makeup Geek’s blush in Infatuation is almost an EXACT dupe for this. If you want me to get technical, Eternal Sun may be just a smidge darker and more brown, while Infatuation is maybe a tad more orange. Needless to say, you do not need both. But being the makeup lover and collector that I am, I love Eternal Sun, will still use it, and have no intentions of parting with it.
MAC Lipstick in Sushi Kiss & Flamingo
Both of these lipsticks were on my wish list that I made during my No-Buy, so when I saw them sitting on display at the CCO, I was SO excited! Both of these colors are perfect for Spring and Summer. Sushi Kiss is a bright orangey-coral shade. Flamingo is also a coral, but is definitely on the pink side. Sushi Kiss is a Satin finish and is more opaque, and Flamingo is a Luster finish so it is a little on the sheer side. Either way, I am so thrilled with these two colors and can’t wait to put them to use.
That is everything I have picked up over the last two weeks, and it is safe to say that I am pretty set for Spring in the makeup department! Don’t forget to check out my video for more on each of these products, and subscribe to my channel. I would love to know what products you are lusting over this Spring season, or what your holy grail, must have, Spring beauty essentials are in the comments down below!

xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment