Friday, October 24, 2014

What's In My Bag?!

Hey ya'll!!

Today I decided to do the "What's In My Bag" tag. I really like these kinds of posts and videos because I like to see what products other people carry with them and what kind of bag they're carrying. Basically I'm just a nosey-rosey!
My most loved purse is my Michael Kors Selma Large Saffiano Leather Satchel in the shade Luggage. I purchased this bag about a year and a half ago; I remember it was right after Kason's Gender Reveal Party. I justified it with Kevin that I was successful in making him a boy, so I should get a present for all my hard work haha. I absolutely love and adore this bag. It's super chic and classic, and is something that I will be able to carry for a long time and be able to wear it with anything. It's very sturdy and structured which I like a lot. It's very roomy inside, making it perfect when traveling because I can fit my iPad and other gadgets inside. It has a top zipper that closes the bag, four small interior pockets, and an interior zippered pocket. It's a warm, camel brown color. This is my favorite color brown on handbags. It's the perfect brown that can be worn with any other color, even black. All of the hardware is gold, which looks great against the brown. My preferred way of carrying it, is by the small handles. But when I'm running errands during the day with Kason, that's not very practical. Lucky for me, this bag came with a detachable strap so I can carry it on my shoulder if I prefer.

Let's start with the obvious essentials; my keys, my wallet, and my iPhone. My keys are just plain obvious. My wallet is also Michael Kors. I'm not sure exactly what style it is, I got it as a birthday present two years ago. It's black with gold hardware, a gold zipper, and lots of card space inside. I have the iPhone 5 and my current case is this purple swirly one that I recently picked up from Charming Charlies. I don't plan on keeping this case, because it interferes with the flash on the camera and makes all my pictures look purple.
Next up I have a PocketBac and hand lotion from Bath & Body Works, plus a travel sized body mist from Victoria's Secret. I always have hand sanitizer with me, especially since having Kason. I carry a small lotion with me because my hands get so dry from using the hand sanitizer. I carry a small body mist with me because you never know when you're gonna get a little smelly, or feel like freshening up.

Even though we are getting into the cooler months, I've still been rocking my blue Rayban Aviators. Kevin and the kids got these for me for Mother's Day and I absolutely love them. I try to keep them in this case when I'm not wearing them, but let's be honest, they sometimes end up at the bottom of my bag.

I always carry my birth control in my purse. Don't ask me why, it's just something I have always done. I feel like if I kept it at home in my medicine cabinet, or my bathroom, I would forget to take it.

I recently got this little notebook and I'm so glad I did. I'm the kind of person who remembers things, or has ideas, at the most random times. If I write things down, I have a much better chance of remembering to do them. Having this little notebook helps me keep track of things I need to do, items we may need for the house, and ideas I have for my blog and my channel. I also have a little page where I started writing things down of what I am grateful for. Some days I feel burnt out and overwhelmed, or my feelings may have been hurt about something. Have these little things jotted down brings me back to to a happy place, and reminds me how lucky I really am.
Now we are getting to all the random goodies. In the bottom of my bag I have a couple Walmart receipts, three pens, my broken iPhone case, one cough drop, three hair ties, a hair clip, two chocolates, fifteen cents, and two bottles of nail polish. I also have a little clear baggy with extra lace from my wedding gown. I recently took my dress to get cleaned and preserved, and this little extra was attached to the original bag so they gave it to me when I dropped it off at the cleaners. For some reason I just haven't taken it out yet. I guess it's a good thing I decided to do this tag, because my purse clearly needed to be cleaned out!

Now onto what beauty products I like to carry with me. This probably is a little excessive, but I have seven lip pies in my bag right now. I don't start out with this many, they just kind of accumulate throughout the week. Right now I have two lip balms; Carmex and Nivea Olive Oil and Lemon. I also have my holy grail Dior Addict Lip Glow which lives in my purse at all times. I have two lipsticks; Maybelline Creamy Mate Lipstick in Daringly Nude and MAC's Velvet Teddy. Lastly I have two lip glosses; Gerard Cosmetic's gloss in Nude and Urban Decay's Naked gloss in Walk of Shame. I like to carry a translucent powder for touch ups, my favorite right now being Laura Mercier's Invisible Pressed Setting Powder. Sometimes after I touchup my foundation I can look a little washed out so I like to carry a bronzer and a blush with me. For bronzer I like to carry the Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer. It's a shimmery bronzer, but not glittery, with two different shades. For blush I have a deluxe sized sample of NARS Orgasm. I also carry an E.L.F. Complexion Brush to apply said products.

I wanted to let ya'll know that I was recently contacted by a new, up-and-coming editing software company called ShowBox. They reached out asking if I would like to try out their site and make a few videos with them. If you've been watching any of my videos then you will notice that this one is a little different and has a little more pizazz! Check it out below and let me know what you think!

That's it for What's In My Bag and I hope ya'll enjoyed it! Let me know any other tags you'd like me to do in the comments below.


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment