Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Product Empties & Would I Repurchase?

Hey ya'll!!

It's Empties time! I have been collecting my trash for the last month and a half so I could give you my complete thoughts and feelings on the products I've been using. In my big bag of empties I have a little bit of everything: beauty, skin care, hair care, and lots and lots of candles.

I have quite a bit of beauty products to talk about today. 1. Smashbox Suntan Matte Bronzer: I pulled this out to use during my September No Buy, but had to throw it out because when I applied it to my face it just wasn't applying like it used to. I've had it for forever and forgot about it, so I believe it has lived past it's use date and has expired. 2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Twice Baked: Like the Smashbox bronzer, this is also a product that I forgot about and is old and has expired. This is one of my favorite eyeshadow shades ever; this color is the perfect shimmery brown for me. I definitely want to repurchase it. 3. Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel: This is something that I will not be repurchasing. I didn't think it was all that great, and have recently purchased a different brow gel that I'm loving so much more. 4. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Pencil in Black: This was a great pencil. It's a dryer formula which I prefer much more than the super creamy formula of the UD 24/7 Pencil's. I am not needing it right now, but when I want another eye pencil, I would repurchase this one. 5. Loreal Magic Lumi Concealer: I really like this product for highlighting purposes. It's a pretty pearlescent color, and I will definitely be repurchasing it. 6. NARS Eyeshadow Primer: My favorite eyeshadow primer ever. I'm finishing up the Urban Decay Primer Potion, so once that's gone I will be purchasing a full size of the NARS. 7. Benefit Porefessional: About halfway through the tube I didn't think I liked this, but once I layered another primer on top I loved it. I do not like this primer on it's own because it makes my skin feel super dry. Since running out of it and just using my other primers, I've noticed a huge difference in my makeup's wear time and appearance. I definitely need to pick up another tube of this. 8. It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Treatment: I absolutely loved this stuff. I have a full size of the It's a 10 Plus Keratin that I am in the process of finishing up. It's almost gone, and when it is I will be buying a full size of this one. I liked it so much better than the one I'm using now. This one is a deluxe sample that I would bring with me when I would go out of town. 9. Mascara's Galore! - I'm making this short and sweet and am just going to let you know if I'm repurchasing or not (If you want a more in-depth review be sure to check out my video!). Diorshow: Hated it! Loreal Voluminous Collagen: Would repurchase, but not at this time. Benefit They're Real: Loved it, but not repurchasing at this time. Covergirl Clump Crusher: Loved it! Already repurchased it. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes: Terrible! Hated it!
1. Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil: I really like this cleansing oil. I talked about it in my Skin Care Favorites, and have already repurchased it. It does a nice job of removing my makeup, and is super hydrating, leaving my skin feeling super soft. 2. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Original & Fresh: I've said it before and I will say it again, this dry shampoo is so good and is the best I have ever tried. I always stock up when I run out because I go through them so fast. I haven't been to Ulta yet, but probably will one day this week to pick up some more. 3. Aussie Sprunch Mousse: This is mine and Lexi's favorite mousse to use for messy waves. When we are having lazy hair days, we will scrunch this in our hair and let it air dry. It doesn't create a ton of wave, but it's enough to make you look put together. It also doesn't make your hair crunchy which is my favorite thing, I hate crunchy hair. It has a leave-in conditioner in it so it makes your hair super soft and shiny. This is another one of those products where I purchase multiple's at a time.
What kind of Empties would this be without makeup wipes? The Garnier Refreshing Remover Towelettes are my favorite makeup remover wipes and I have already repurchased them. They are super soft and don't irritate my skin or burn my eyes. They also smell really, really good. The Up & Up Wipes are what I use when I'm cleaning up a makeup mistake, or cleaning off swatches. They are also really good at getting makeup off of the bathroom counter! I haven't repurchased them yet but plan to.
"Oh My Candles!" As you can see, I go through candles like crazy. I have them spread out all over my downstairs and burn them for hours at a time. Hawaiian Hibiscus and Red Guava Lava I finished up at the end of August before I started burning the Fall scents. Sandalwood Vanilla was one that I had never purchased before. It smelled really nice but it's not a favorite of mine. Sweater Weather, Mahogany Teakwood, and Leaves on the other hand, are three of my absolute favorite scents from Bath & Body Works. They are super strong and smell so dang good. I am going to be repurchasing them on my next trip to BBW.

I hope ya'll enjoyed this round of Empties. If you liked any of the products that I didn't, let me know. It's always possible that a product is amazing and you just get stuck with a dud!


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment