Thursday, December 18, 2014

VLOGMAS Day 16 & 17|How I Clean My Makeup Brushes|First Impression: Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps

Hey ya'll!!

So.... I've now missed two days of VLOGMAS unfortunately. I didn't get a video up on the 16th, even though I very well intended to, but that's just not how the cookie crumbled my friends. As most of you know, I am a proud mother and wife and we had a lot of stuff going on this past Tuesday so I was unable to work on both my channel and blog.
Now that that's out of the way, today I'm going to be sharing with you how I clean my makeup brushes. I have tried Johnson & Johnson's Baby Wash, Dial Soap + Olive Oil, and the Blender Cleanser Solid. Out of all three my favorite hands down is the Blender Cleanser Solid. It is so easy to work with, is less messy, is very effective at removing all traces of makeup, and makes washing brushes much faster. I had heard that there was an inexpensive bar soap called Dr. Bronner's that was a dupe for the Blender Cleanser Solid. I had ran out of mine, so I figured it was a great time to test out that rumor.
I found mine at Target and there are a few different scents to choose from, and each scent has a different colored packaging. The scent I chose is the Hemp Tea Tree. It is very fragrant and smells very minty and spicy, which I happened to enjoy very much. I decided to go about it the same way I would the Blender Cleanser Solid. I wet my brush and the bar of soap itself. I then swirled my brush onto the soap, and once I felt like I had enough product, began swirling the brush into the palm of my hand to really work the product into the brush and get a good clean.
The first thing that hit me was the smell, it was very strong but not overpowering. The second was how much the soap lathered. When a soap lathers and foams really well, I know it's doing it's job. After swirling the product-filled brush into my hand, I rinsed it and all of the makeup melted right off. Some of my brushes I go over twice with soap, specifically my foundation brushes because those tend to hold on to more product. After washing and rinsing, I wring out my brush, shape and fluff where it's needed, and lay it on a towel to dry overnight. I continue this same routine with all of my brushes.
The Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps are 100% a dupe for the Blender Cleanser Solid. I'm going to go as far to say that it's actually better! My soap smelled so good, and I couldn't believe how much I was able to lather my brushes, and how clean it was able to get them. Once they were dry, they looked brand new. The were completely clean, and were moisturized. The soap did not dry them out in the slightest, which I was worried about. They were very soft, fluffy, and conditioned.

I will not be repurchasing the Blender Cleanser Solid and am now converted to the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps. If you love the Blender Cleanser Solid, or just haven't found a good brush cleaner, I highly recommend Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps. You can find them at Target, and even at some grocery stores.

I hope you enjoyed today's post!

xoxo,
Casey

1 comment: