Friday, December 5, 2014

VLOGMAS Day 5: Holiday Makeup Tutorial

Hey ya'll!!

Today I'm sharing with you my first Holiday Makeup Tutorial in my Palette Series for VLOGMAS. During this series, I will be uploading one Holiday Makeup Tutorial each week until Christmas, using a different palette each time. The palette I am featuring today is the Urban Decay Naked 3.

I started by priming my face with the Smashbox Photo Finish Dark Spot Correcting Primer, and primed my eyes using the Urban Decay Primer Potion.
I started with my eyes first. Using a fluffy crease brush, I picked up the shade Limit from the Naked 3 and applied that all over my crease. Next, I applied the Loreal Infallible Cream Shadow in the shade Amber rush to my lids with my finger tips. I picked up more of Amber Rush with a Real Techniques Shadow Brush, and blended the color on my lids evenly from inner corner to outer corner. Going back to the fluffy crease brush, I applied the shade Nooner into my crease and on the outer corners of my lid to start darkening the look up. Next on a Sigma E35, I took the shade Liar and applied it on top of Nooner on the outer corners of my lids and in the crease. With that same brush, I applied the shade Factory on top of Liar. The point of this technique is to gradually layer the colors to smoke out the look and to make sure the shades gradually blend together. Going back to the Real Techniques brush, I applied the shade Trick to the center of my lids, blending toward the inner corner to make the Amber Rush shade pop even more. Lastly, I applied a thin, winged liner using the Loreal Gel Liner in Blackest Black.
After cleaning up any fall-out, I applied the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under-Eye Primer to prep the area for concealer. While that's settling in, I dotted the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation all over my face and blended it in using a Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki. Next, I applied the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in a triangle shape underneath my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, on my forehead, cupid's bow, and chin, then blended it out using a Real Techniques Sponge. To set all of my concealer in place, I lightly dusted the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light in the appropriate areas. Lastly, I'm going to fill in my brows per usual with the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Soft Brown.
I didn't do any heavy contouring, and instead bronzed my cheeks, along my hair line, down the sides of my nose, along my jaw line, and down my neck with the Becca Shadow & Light Bronzer. For blush I chose NARS Sin, it's perfect for the Naked 3 and one of my favorite blushes. To highlight, I applied the MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle to the high points of my face.
Going back to the eyes, I applied the shade Strange from the Naked 3 to highlight my brow bone. To line my lower lash line I applied the shade Factory to the outer half with a flat liner brush, then blended it out with a clean pencil brush. To highlight the inner corners of my eyes, I lined them using the Loreal Infallible Silkissime Eye Liner in the shade Highlighter. For mascara I applied two coats of the Maybelline The Falsie's to my top and bottom lashes.
Lastly are the lips. I lined my lips using the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Pencil in the shade Enchantment, filling in the outer half of my lips. For lipstick I chose Kat Von D's Studded Kiss Lipstick in the shade Lovecraft.
And that complete's this look! I hope you guys enjoyed it and I will see you again next week for VLOGMAS Week #2!


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment