Friday, January 9, 2015

Best In Beauty 2014 Favorites!

Hey y’all!!

It feels like forever since I have worked on my blog and my channel. The last few weeks have been crazy busy with gearing up for the holidays, Kason’s first birthday, and then a 5 day trip to Tahoe. Now that I’m back home and getting back to my normal routine, I am really looking forward to blogging again. With the start of the new year, I am making it a point at getting on a regular filming and uploading schedule, and showing on my blog some love as well.

Today I’m going to share with you my top beauty favorites from 2014. I basically am going through makeup categories, and sharing with you my most used and most loved products from this past year. There are a few categories that I have not included a favorite product for. Those categories are face primer,  eyeshadow primer, and eye liner. I didn’t include a face primer simply because I have not found one that I’m absolutely in love with. I didn’t include an eyeshadow primer, mainly because I don’t have my favorite primer on hand at the moment. If I were to give you my favorite eyeshadow primer it would be the NARS primer, and an honorable mention is the Urban Decay Primer Potion. For liner I’ve been using the Maybelline gel liner, and the Loreal gel liner. I like both, but haven’t found a holy grail yet.
My favorite foundation in 2014 was the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. It’s a medium to full coverage foundation, looks amazing in pictures, and leaves a beautiful, natural finish. If I want a bit of a luminous finish, I will skip a setting powder. If I want a more semi-matte finish, then I will set it. I have normal to dry skin, so I can skip the all over setting powder with this foundation and be fine.
My favorite concealer has been the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind. It’s really creamy, has great coverage, and doesn’t enhance my smile lines. I have a hard time finding under eye concealer’s that work for me and not that don’t leave me looking like a creasy mess. This one is awesome, and for the price, you cannot beat it.
My favorite setting powder is the Laura Mercier Invisible Pressed Setting Powder. As you can see, I have hit MAJOR pan and I am almost completely out. I will only be able to use this two or three more times because every time I tap my brush in it, more and more breaks off. I plan on repurchasing another one soon. Being the makeup-crazed girl that I am, I wouldn’t mind trying something new. Let me know your favorite setting powder, whether it be translucent or colored. I’m up for anything!
I have two favorite brow products from this past year. The first is the Anastasia Dip Brown Pomade in the shade Soft Brown. It’s really easy to work with and lasts all day. It’s a waterproof formula, so once it’s on, it’s not going to budge until you wash your face. To set my brows in place, I’ve been loving the Benefit Gimme Brow in the shade Medium/Deep. Not only is this great for setting the brows, but it’s perfect for my No Makeup-Makeup Days. It has tiny fibers in it that help your brows appear fuller, without filling them in.
I have two favorite bronzers from this past year. The first is the Becca Shadow & Light Bronze/Contour Perfector. It has two shades that can be worn separately, or mixed together. As you can see, this is a well-loved product. I love the darker shade for contouring. When both shades are mixed together, you get the most beautiful bronzed glow. My second favorite is the Marc Jacobs Bronzer in Tantric. This bronzer is very light, geared towards fair to medium skin tones. If you have a darker complexion, I’m afraid this bronzer would be too light for you. Even though it is on the light side, it is absolutely stunning. I was nervous when I first purchased it that it would be too light for me, but I absolutely fell in love with it. It’s matte and looks very natural.

I have a few blush favorites to talk about. The first is Becca’s Damselfly. It’s a pretty peachy, coral shade that has a sheen to it. I really love this blush in the spring and the summer time because of the sheen it has, but it is also a color that is appropriate all year round. In fact, it is what I’m wearing on my cheeks today. The next one is NARS Lovejoy. This is a beautiful, rich bronze/terra-cotta color with a tad bit of shimmer. It’s gorgeous in the summer with a tan, and is equally as pretty on fair skin. I have two Makeup Geek blushes, one in Infatuation and one in Spellbound. These are the only Makeup Geek blushes I own, but I’m absolutely obsessed! They are super pigmented, and are very easy to blend. I recently ordered another blush from the line because they are THAT good. Another bonus, they are only $9.99 each.
My favorite highlighter in 2014 was Becca’s Opal. This is the best of the best when it comes to highlighters, and I’m sure a ton of you have heard this product mentioned a million times. It’s a beautiful champagne/gold shade, and will make you look like a glowing goddess. This highlight is very intense, so if you are looking for a subtle highlight, this is not the product for you.
My favorite powder’s have been from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. They are so universal and can be used a ton of different ways. They can be used to set your foundation or concealer, as a finishing powder, or to highlight certain areas on your face. You could even use them as eyeshadow if you wanted to. They give your face a “lit from within” glow that looks very healthy and natural. If you like a more subtle highlight, and opposite the intensity of Becca’s Opal, then these powders are for you.
By far, my absolute favorite eyeshadows from this past year have been my Makeup Geek shadows. I am SO glad I discovered these little babies. They have been my go-to, most used shadows all year. They are affordable ($5.99 each), very pigmented, creamy, and blend like a dream. They have a ton of different colors too. I have a large Z-palette that I keep my shadows in, and have been working on my collection.
I have two mascara favorites to share with you. My first favorite is the Covergirl ClumpCrusher, and I have repurchased it multiple times. I don’t like this mascara on it’s own, but absolutely love layering it on top of other mascara’s. It’s perfect for lifting, lengthening, and separating lashes. For volume, my favorite has been the Covergirl Lash Blast Volume. I normally like natural bristle brushes, and surprisingly this one has a plastic, short bristled brush. The formula is awesome, and it does a great job at really plumping up my lashes.

Last but not least are my lippie favorites. Being the lipstick lover that I am, I have quite a few to mention. I’m just gonna zip through these little guys to keep this post from becoming a novel. My favorite lipsticks have been the Chanel Rouge CoCo Shine in #57 Aventure, YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in #9, MAC Velvet Teddy, Maybelline Creamy Matte in Daringly Nude, and Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lovecraft. My favorite glosses this year have been Buxom Celeste, Urban Decay Walk of Shame, NARS Chihuahua, and Gerard Cosmetics Lipgloss in Nude.

I hope you really enjoyed today’s post! I’m really excited to see what this year has in store. Let me know if you have any blog post, or video recommendations, as well as any “series” you’d like to see from me!

xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment