Tuesday, June 2, 2015

May Favorites 2015|Beauty & Lifestyle

Hey ya’ll! Today I’m going to be sharing with you everything I loved this past month. I have some makeup, makeup brushes, hair care, and a few lifestyle favorites as well. May was a great month for me, and I hope it was for you as well! I’m excited for Summer, and all the beauty products that come along with it.
I have been mixing the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Foundation with equal parts of the Loreal True Match Lumi Foundation, and love the coverage and finish that they give when combined. I don’t really like the Fit Me! Matte & Poreless on it’s own, because my skin is dry and I prefer a dewy foundation. I really like the True Match Lumi, but it’s more of a light to medium coverage, and if I had to choose, I prefer a more true-medium coverage foundation. The two of these provide the luminosity that I am looking for, as well as my desired coverage and color.
  
I got this eyeshadow with a set from ColourPop at the beginning of the month, and have been wearing it so much that I’ve already hit pan! This is the color Blaze from the KathleenLights “Where The Light Is Palette” and I absolutely love it. It’s a antique, shimmery bronze shade that is gorgeous on the lids. It’s a mousse-like texture, and applies similarly to the Loreal Infallible Shadows. I apply it with my finger, and then use a brush to clean up along the crease and in my inner corners. The only bummer about this shade is that it’s not currently being sold individually; it’s only available in the “Where The Light Is” set. I will say that it’s worth it to buy the set to get this color, because the other three colors that come with it are really great.
There’s three brushes that have stood out to me this month. Starting on the left, the Sigma Large Shader #E60 has been a really great brush to use with cream eyeshadows. I have been using it to apply Blaze in my inner corners and to clean up, and apply, product along my upper lid, bordering my crease. I also like to use it to apply pigments, and shimmery eyeshadows because it transfers color and shimmer much better than a standard shadow brush. The next brush I purchased at the beginning of the month, and it’s the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush. It’s a dense, angled brush that can be used to apply liquid, cream, and powder products. I initially purchased it to apply cream bronzer, and it does a fantastic job at that. What makes it even better is how well it applies liquid foundation. It’s an awesome multipurpose, affordable brush. The last brush is the Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Brush. The setting side of the brush fits perfectly under the eyes to set concealer. I don’t use the contour side to contour my face very much, but I do love it for contouring my nose. It’s very soft, so it creates a really soft contour, which is what I have been gravitating towards lately.  
I have been doing a lot of organizing and cleaning out recently, and this blush was just hanging out in the back of my blush drawer. I have had this for a very long time, and have hit MAJOR pan! I decided to pull it back out a use it again because it’s a great color for Spring and Summer. It’s a light coral shade that has a bit of a highlight effect to it. It goes on sheer, giving you a natural flush to the cheeks, and the highlighting effect gives you a nice glow. It’s one of those blushes that goes with everything and isn’t going to interfere with any other makeup you decide to wear. This would be a great blush to bring on any summer vacations you may have planned because of that reason.
The Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in #57 and the YSL Glossy Balm in #10 have been my go-to lipsticks lately. I really enjoy lip products like these in the warmer months because they are both a sheer formula that add the perfect little pop of color. They are both balm-like in texture, but the YSL is much shinier and glossy. They are both expensive lip products, but like I’ve said before, I don’t mind spending extra money on a product that I know I’m going to be using on a daily basis.
The Living Proof Perfect Hair Day mask has been good food for my hair. I’ve been using it once a week and have seen a difference in my hair. I apply it at night to unwashed hair, sleep in it, and wash and style my hair the next day. My hair is left feeling softer, it’s shinier, and it holds a style better. I have also been able to go longer between washes, and I really feel like it’s because of this product. I still use the Batiste dry shampoo on days that I don’t wash my hair, but ever since adding this into my weekly hair care routine, my hair has been less greasy and I’ve been able to go a good three, even sometimes four day’s without washing my hair! 
Kevin and the kids got me the Kendra Scott Danielle earrings and the Rayne necklace for Mother’s Day, and I have been wearing them so much since (both are in White Pearl). I’ve wanted them both since Winter, but decided to wait until Spring or Summer to purchase. I love white and gold paired together, and these two pieces are perfect accessories for Summer.
My favorite book that I read this month was Cinder by Marissa Meyer. It’s a Young Adult Fiction, fairytale retelling that is the first in the series The Lunar Chronicles. It really surprised me, was entertaining, and was a fast read. If you want to know more about this book or the series, check out my May Book Haul.
My favorite song has hands down been 'Where Are U Now' by Skrillex featuring Justin Bieber. I’ve been listening to this song non-stop for the last month and a half or so, and am still not tired of it.
The tv show Fixer Upper on HGTV is my new obsession. The show follows Chip and Joanna Gaines who are based out of Waco, Texas. If you like home improvement shows, like to decorate, or are interested in renovations, you will love this show. It will make you want to redecorate your house (as if I needed another reason to go to HomeGoods…)!


xoxo,
Casey






No comments:

Post a Comment