Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Review: Loreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Hey ya'll!!

Today I'm going to be talking about Loreal's Voluminous Butterfly Mascara. This product is fairly new. I've seen a few bloggers talk about it, and I'm always wanting to try new ones so I figured I would give this one a try.
The applicator has plastic bristles and has a slight curve, and slope, to it. The slope makes it easy to get right at the base of the lashes. This applicator is a bit too big for my eye shape but it is not a deal breaker for me. It did get a little messy on my lids, but that happens with some mascaras. The formula is a little on the wet side. I prefer a dryer mascara, but this one wasn't as wet as some formulas I've tried. I did notice that this mascara takes a little longer to dry on the lashes once it is applied. Once it's dry it holds a curl nicely, and doesn't smear or smudge.
BEFORE
AFTER TWO COATS
What I like about this mascara is that it does a good job of lengthening and adding volume, without looking clumpy or spidery. What I don't like about this mascara is the wet formula and that it takes a while to dry. All in all, this isn't the greatest mascara I've tried, but it's not the worst. It's just "so-so". If you have large eyes, or if you prefer a wetter formula, I think you would like it. If you have smaller eyes, or prefer a dryer formula, you probably wouldn't love this one.

I hope you enjoyed today's review of the Loreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara. Let me know in the comments below what your favorite mascara is! I love trying new ones and am always looking for the next best thing.


xoxo,
Casey

2 comments:

  1. I love your eyeshadow! And i also love Loreal mascaras, especially the Telescopic!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you!! I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete