Friday, January 16, 2015

Beauty Haul | Sephora, MAC, & Makeup Geek

Hey yall!!

Today I have a beauty haul to share with you. I received a few gift cards and a little cash for Christmas, and of course I chose to spend it on makeup. I picked up a couple things from Sephora, MAC, and Makeup Geek. This is the last makeup haul you are going to see from me for a while, so I hope you like it!

Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette
I got an email from Sephora that this was coming out and I knew right then and there this was going to be a product I was going to pick up with my Sephora gift card. I have only used it once, and want to play with it a few more times to figure out which shades work best for me. I am going to do an in depth review on this sometime in the next two weeks so keep an eye out for that.
 Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
I have been wanting to try this primer for a while and decided that buying it via gift card would be the perfect time to pick it up because this is a pretty pricy primer. I have heard nothing but great things about it so I’m really excited to try it out. In my video, you will hear me say that I was caught off guard because it was really liquidy the first time I used it. I was swatching everything after I filmed, and after the third pump the consistency was no longer watery. If you plan on purchasing this primer, I recommend shaking it well before using it. I figured my first few pumps were watery from sitting in the bottle and not having been used yet, and I was correct. So far this primer is great, but I still need to wear it a few more times before I can give my final approval.
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel & Boscia Cleansing Oil
These are the two products I chose for my Sephora Point Perks. I am almost out of my Philosophy Miracle Worker Retinoid Pads, and even thought I like it, I’ve been thinking of trying something new. When I saw that the Dr. Dennis Gross was a Point Perk, I decided to give it a try. It came with three peels, and after using two of them I can already tell they are stronger than the Miracle Worker. The Miracle Worker is gentle enough for me to use on an every day basis, but the Dr. Dennis Gross is a product I would only use every other night, or once every two to three nights. I love my Garnier Cleansing Oil, and have heard the Boscia Cleansing Oil is fantastic. I’m going on a cruise next week and this will be the perfect size to take with me while I’m away. I’m excited to try it out!
MAC Tan Pigment
I was watching Amanda Ensing’s Best in Beauty video and she mentioned this pigment as one of her favorite products from 2014. As soon as she swatched it, I knew I HAD to have it. This is my favorite kind of color and I am a proud new owner. This is my first MAC pigment (crazy I know). I think this is going to be stunning all over the lid, and especially gorgeous in the Spring and Summer.
MAC Fix +
This is something that I have had on my wish list for some time but haven’t really had any reason to purchase it until now since I finally purchased a pigment. I have tried using eye drops as a dupe for this, but I really do not like using them. Not only is this great to use when applying pigments, but you can use this to enhance pan eyeshadow’s, and as a facial mist, face primer, or setting spray.
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20
If you watched my Best in Beauty video, you will know that my favorite concealer is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind. I have a hard time finding concealer’s that work for me. I have really fine smile lines around my eyes, so almost every concealer creases on me. I have my favorite drugstore concealer already, but I have been wanting to find a high-end one that works for me as well. A girl’s gotta have options, right? I was watching a video from Shades of Kassie, and she mentioned this concealer as one of her favorite products for not only concealing under her eyes, but for lightening up some of her darker foundations. Talk about killing two birds with one stone!
MAC Lipstick in Syrup
When I went to MAC, I was not expecting to leave with this color. I had another shade in mind, but this one stole my heart. I think it’s going to be a perfect “everyday” shade. It’s a good balance of pink and purple tones. It also deposits the perfect amount of color. It isn’t super opaque, and it's not super sheer either, but it is build-able so you get the best of both worlds.
I have completely fallen in love with Makeup Geek and decided to continue building my collection with some of the Christmas money I received. I picked up 4 eyeshadows and 1 blush.
Creme Brulee
 Frappe
 Goddess
 Homecoming
 From Left to Right: Creme Brulee, Frappe, Goddess, Homecoming
 Romance

After this haul, I have decided it’s time for another "No Buy". My last "No Buy" didn’t go so well, but I’m really going to do it this time. I literally don’t need any more make up right now. I need to start using up some of the products I own, before purchasing anything new. I would love to have my "No Buy" go up until my birthday which is March 10, but I’m not sure if I will be able to go THAT long. So for now, I’m putting myself on a "No Buy" through the end of February. If I completely run out of something, like mascara or foundation, then I obviously will purchase another product if I don’t have any backups already. For example, I am almost out of face wash, and that is a necessity, so I will need to repurchase that sometime in the next two weeks. If any of you would like to join me, let me know on Twitter or Instagram @caferg_xoxo. We could support each other along the way, Lord knows I’m gonna need it!


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment