Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Sephora Haul

Hey ya'll!!

I FINALLY paid Sephora a lovely little visit! It's been so long since I've set foot in one due to my September No Buy. According to my "Purchases" on my Sephora account, the last time I shopped there was August 3. Two months for me not shopping at Sephora is crazy!! I'm a very frequent Sephora shopper, and normally I'm in there about every two weeks. I'm really proud of myself for that accomplishment! Not only did I pick up goodies from Sephora, but a Nordstrom just opened up in one of the mall's in my area, so I picked up a couple of products from there as well.

The first thing I picked up is the Benefit Gimme Brow in the shade Medium/Dark. I recently finished up the Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in the shade Brunette and was in the market for a new one. I didn't repurchase the Anastasia Brow Gel because I really didn't care for it that much and wanted to try something new. I wanted a brow product that would be great for my minimal makeup days. The Gimme Brow has little fibers in it that make you look like you have fuller brows than you actually do. I've got high hopes for this product and am looking forward to testing it out.
Sticking with the brows, I've been using Benefit's Brow Zing for forever now, and have been wanting to try something new. I decided to go with Anastasia's Dip Brow in the shade Soft Brown. I've heard lots of great things about this product. I have used it once, and when I first applied it I was shocked by how bold and dark my brows looked. I'm so used to using and working with powder, that this mousse formula threw me for a loop. When I first applied it, I thought they looked way too dark. After it dried and the day went on, it started to look normal again. I'm going to wear it for a few more days, and if I still feel like it's too dark then I'm going to exchange it for a lighter shade.
I cannot tell you how happy I am to have this next product back in my life. In August I used up the last little bit of the Dior Addict Lip Glow and have missed it terribly. This lip balm works with the warmth in your skin to give your lips their very own perfect shade of pink. I finally repurchased it and am excited to have it back in my collection. This balm lives in my purse and goes everywhere with me. It gives me the perfect shade of pink and is super moisturizing. I absolutely love it.
This next product I did not intend to buy. It wasn't anywhere on my radar. As I was browsing through Sephora, I stopped by the Marc Jacobs section and remembered seeing a couple beauty bloggers talk about this bronzer. It's definitely not widely talked about, so I honestly never really thought about it. I went back to it about three times before finally caving in a putting it in my bag. I don't self tan as much in the Fall and Winter, so I wanted a lighter, more natural looking bronzer. This is really smooth in texture, and the color is very natural with just a little bit of an orange tone in it. I have only used it once so I can't say too much about it just yet, but I will keep you updated on it.
After Sephora, I popped into Nordstrom. I have been eyeing this brush for months now and finally decided it was time to buy it. I am so happy I got it. It is super easy to use, the bristles are really soft, and it cut the time it usually takes for me to contour in half. It is a pricey brush, but I've been really thinking about it for a long time and decided it was a must have. 
I have been hearing a lot of buzz about this color and decided to finally check it out for myself. This is M.A.C.'s Velvet Teddy. Apparently this is the exact lipstick Kyle Jenner uses. It's really pretty, and is a comfortable matte lipstick. I see myself getting a lot of use out of this in the next couple of months. This is a matte shade that you could easily rock all year long.
I hope ya'll enjoyed today's post! Let me know in the comments below what beauty products you're lusting over, and what products you've recently purchased.


xoxo,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment